Garage sale find gets me into the hobby...

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Was there $20 of found change also laying in the bottom of the detector case?
I don't know if you guys remember or not but this reminds me of the free sewing machine in case i received at a flea market 2 or three years ago? There was over 3 1/2 pounds of silver dollars and coins stashed under the machine. You can search my threads to see pics but the point is, you may not be far from the truth. I search everything at sales and glance for hidden compartments, pockets and the like. I also tell a story of a lady I know that bought a basket of yarn at a yard sale. The basket was all blues and browns etc except for one small ball of yellow yarn, completely out of place. She knitted the entire basket but the yellow was out of place and too small to really make anything so she put in on her craft shelf where it stayed for years until her daughter got pregnant. She said to herself that it was enough yarn to make a pair of baby booties. When she got to the end of the string there was a leather pouch from Cartier containing a necklace with a 6 1/4 carat Z flawless yellow Diamond which I brokered for her in the late 80's for 58,000.00 Dollars. When our loved ones pass run an MD over all of the stuff before setting it out for a yard sale. That family is probably still wondering what granny did with her pendant.

Last edited:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if you guys remember or not but this reminds me of the free sewing machine in case i received at a flea market 2 or three years ago? There was over 3 1/2 pounds of silver dollars and coins stashed under the machine. You can search my threads to see pics but the point is, you may not be far from the truth. I search everything at sales and glance for hidden compartments, pockets and the like. I also tell a story of a lady I know that bought a basket of yarn at a yard sale. The basket was all blues and browns etc except for one small ball of yellow yarn, completely out of place. She knitted the entire basket but the yellow was out of place and too small to really make anything so she put in on her craft shelf where it stayed for years until her daughter got pregnant. She said to herself that it was enough yarn to make a pair of baby booties. When she got to the end of the string there was a leather pouch from Cartier containing a necklace with a 6 1/4 carat Z flawless yellow Diamond which I brokered for her in the late 80's for 58,000.00 Dollars. When our loved ones pass run an MD over all of the stuff before setting it out for a yard sale. That family is probably still wondering what granny did with her pendant.

Wow!!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I have had a few in my lifetime these are two good ones. I found 2 million dollars once that belonged to a 74 year old guy that could not afford to retire. Changed his life. For returning that I hope to have been granted that brownie button in heaven. :) I love life

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great find for 10 bucks wow

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a close relative of my old Coinmaster.

Javadroid

Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and good to have you join us! You've found a great place for information and fellow treasure hunters of all kinds -- welcome aboard mate! :skullflag::occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread