May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a BIN auction on eBay for this watch at $25. The watch is nothing too special and worth about $25 but got the 10kt Gold Service Pin as a bonus. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564588160.088531.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent. I wonder how many ounces of gold the telcos went through collectively during the years they did this. I’ve definitely refined a few ounces of these awards by myself.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah you even got a couple diamonds to boot. I bought for 7 bucks once a charm bracelet that had 4 little 10k gold Bell telephone chams mounted on sterling disks and other sterling and gold filled charms all related to the Bell system. It was some long time Bell systems employees I guess that documented her years of service by creating a charm bracelet out of all her little gold & silver awards given over the many years of service she put in. I put the whole thing on eBay and got more than the scrap value it all had on it. It kinda made me sad to think of all the years she took to assemble it only to be considered cheap and sold at a flea market, but the good thing was it went to a collector of everything vintage Bell system, as those are collectible. I have two tie clips that have the gold bells on them. Got those for 4 bucks each in a case at a indoor flea market. The tie bars are goldfill, but the Bells are solid 10k. I've now become a collector of small stickpins and little commemoratives made out of gold.

Attachments

• IMG_20190801_064551.jpg
    IMG_20190801_064551.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye I do the same with rare car parts posted in the wrong catagory Well done.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember going to an antique mall, that was well known for high prices, and found a little gold filled telco "charm" with a similar gold attachment set with 3 stones. The price was 5 bucks each and they had 2 shoe box sized boxes of them on the floor. This was when gold was around 1800-1900 per ounce.

Turns out the little attachment was 10k and worth around 60 bucks. I went back and bought them all and thats the day i learned about gold settings attached to gold filled pieces of jewelry lol.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember going to an antique mall, that was well known for high prices, and found a little gold filled telco "charm" with a similar gold attachment set with 3 stones. The price was 5 bucks each and they had 2 shoe box sized boxes of them on the floor. This was when gold was around 1800-1900 per ounce.

Turns out the little attachment was 10k and worth around 60 bucks. I went back and bought them all and thats the day i learned about gold settings attached to gold filled pieces of jewelry lol.

My dreams are made of these

cb73

Sep 9, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never even realized this!! I've got a ton of old Bell charms and pins and such--both my parents were lifelong employees. I'm going to have to go find the box and see what's really in there.

And I thought the free long distance for life benefit was the only good thing they got. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions