1970s Omega Constellation Chronometer Automatic. Saturday find!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came across this Omega, as I was garage sale hunting on Sat morning. Beautiful watch, it's really growing on me. It is missing the crown, original bracelet, and will neet the crystal replaced as it has scratches. Runs and works beautifully, but I can't set it. 😊 I just got this leather band, and it now looks like a very fine watch. This is the 1021 model, I believe. Please lwt me know your thoughts. I appreciate them. 20190819_204143.jpg 20190819_204158.jpg 20190819_204209.jpg 20190819_204219.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful watch, especially with the gold cap. There is a guy on eBay who services Omega for about $100 or so. Great score! I have not come across an Omega in a few months!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good news is it looks like the stem is still in there. All you need is a crown and a good service and you will have a very beautiful and valuable watch.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is a rare find. Nice Watch a little service work and you got a $1k watch on your hands!

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that’s a great score. Great looking watch.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score and a certified chronometer to boot.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics are a little fuzzy but this one looks legit to me. Crack it open to be sure but awesome score! $500 in this condition maybe more?

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pics are a little fuzzy but this one looks legit to me. Crack it open to be sure but awesome score! $500 in this condition maybe more?

Thanks to all, once again! I appreciate it. It is real. I already opened it. It says made in Taiwan! :-) Joking! It is stamped on the inside of the case, and movement. I've been meaning to ask you, how did you score that Patek? Is the post here? If not, can you give us the story? Thanks. :-)

artslinger

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice piece, congrats! :occasion14:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all, once again! I appreciate it. It is real. I already opened it. It says made in Taiwan! :-) Joking! It is stamped on the inside of the case, and movement. I've been meaning to ask you, how did you score that Patek? Is the post here? If not, can you give us the story? Thanks. :-)

artslinger
No the post is not here. The find predates this site by a long way.
When I was a kid my Dad turned me into odd job Bob. He would drag me along to do plumbing electrical painting patching roofing you name it. After school at 5 years old? Helping my Dad. I thank him for the great start to everything I know. By the time I was 15 or 16 I was landing my own Odd Jobs. One was doing a copper repipe at Whittier Drug Store at Comstock and Hadley. Spent a week there. I was walking down the isle after getting paid for the job and I pass a guy and eyeballed his wrist. Stopped dead in my tracks and spun around. I asked him where he got it and all I got was him whining about it was in a box he inherited from his uncle and that it was broken took 6 months to fix it and cost 275 dollars. I said well I collect watches and I have been looking for one of those. I will give you 1K for it. Showed him my check. He followed me to the bank where I cashed it gave him a grand and still had some for myself. It was worth close to 20K when I bought it. I kept it over the years and a dealer friend of mine that been after it for years Begged me to let him broker it and I let it go. Tidy profit. and theres your back story. I still have 4 Pateks. I have bought one at a yard sale in the past but that is another chapter. Keep on seeking the deals friends. They will always be out there :)
Are you an art dealer? Guessing from your name. I got a great deal on an original certified by the family signed Dali print of the Apostle Mark EA edition of 30 pieces. 70's Love it! I am seeking a Picasso Not a million dollar one but I AM in the market if you know of a deal? Cheers

Last edited:
OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the story on your Patek. We appreciate it. I know that many of us wanted to know, as that is every watch collector/enthusiast dream. :-) Amazing start at life as well by doing those professional jobs. I'm actually not an art dealer, just someone that appreciates it, as much as I appreciate vintage watches. I started reselling vintage racing bikes/ten speeds, those dried out, then I moved to art, junk until I developed the fine art eye. Aside from fine art, I also look for vintage watches and jewelry like Gold ( I got to the train station but the Gold train had already left), Thankfully, I'm still finding Gold that was missed. :-) I have a professional job, but going to garage sales is more fun, and helps to supplement my income! :-) Thanks for the encouragement. I, like you, believe that scores are out there, and they will surely come your way. Opportunity never sleeps or takes breaks. You just never know when it will be your day. Opportunity will never catch me in bed on Friday or Saturday mornings! Thanks again, and all the best.

artslinger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread