8 generations of service and this buckler

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575251203.441386.jpg just came into this buckle that my grandfather made while serving on the uss st. louis. Never knew him because he died from a combination of war wounds during Pearl Harbor and service at bikini atol. But the buckle raised a holiday conversation in which we realized there have been 8 uninterrupted generations of continued service to this country commencing with my uber great grand father pre-civil war and ending w me and my brothers (for the time being until one of the wee ones hits majority and carries on lol). Remarkable. Not selling it obviously, but my god the potency of holding it. And not looking for kudos FYI. Just reflecting in awe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy lot more treasures here including tons of letters. Will post as I get through it

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a family heirloom !! Congrats !!

OP
OP
randazzo1

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And just to clarify the record there I’m not in the service. It’s my siblings carrying on the tradition.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well their service is always appreciated .Thats a really cool momento and a very honorable relic..Something to keep in your family and pass on Thanks for sharing it with us. Tommy

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things like that are really meaningful. I've got a silver ring that my grandpa told me he made from a French coin during his time in France engaged in trench warfare. He told me he made it by beating and flattening the outer perimeter with a spoon. As long as I can remember he had it on his finger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread