1969 Oceanographer 333 feet Automatic Watch with possibly 10k Gold bezel

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all, I scored this Bulova Oceanographer this Saturday at a garage sale. Decided to go to another side of town, so I arrive at the sale around 930 a.m. I do not see any watches, but ask the husband and wife team if they have any. At first they say "no", but a second later the husband hesitantly says yes. The wife interrupts and indicates that she knows where the box is, and will go and find them, if he doesn't mind selling them. While she is getting them, I ask him if he wears them, and he says that he does not. The gentleman continues to tell me that they went to an auction, but wanted one or two watches out of the lot, and that they had to buy the whole lot. Finally, the lady comes out with a box full of watches, mostly costume department store kind. She hands me the box and I start going through them. I was able to pull out a vintage timex, tissot stylist, the bulova, and finally an orient. I asked her for a price for all four, and she tells me $10.00. I had never heard of a bulova oceanographer until I got home and started to find similar ones online.

It seems to be a sought after piece, as I already listed it, and have 384 views, 47 watchers with two days 19 hours to go, and finally six bids. It apparently has a 10k bezel in white gold. Due to all this attention, and wearing the watch, I'm starting to get sellers remorse! :-) I feel like keeping it. As always, thank you for your comments and opinions. I appreciate them.

ocean1.jpg ocean2.jpg ocean3.jpg ocean4.jpg

Last edited:

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, that’s a nice one! It will be stunning after a nice service. My Seiko turtle is like that. I wore it before I listed it and now I’m keeping it. Hate to say it...but you will miss that one. But there’s always another watch to be had.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree I think they are gorgeous watches. You got a great deal on that one! I have one just like it although I got to say I like the red second hand on yours better. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575412969.831644.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice watch find! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous! Definitely a keeper.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact I might have to track one down. Never seen one before but ai love the subdued look of it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score I also find lots of cool watches people dont know what they have

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread