Another lucky day, 14kt/10kt about 31 grams in bag of jewelry.

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi friends, this was at one sale this morning. Bought a bag of jewelry, also had sterling inside. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions. Always appreciated.

artslinger 20200125_133648.jpg 20200125_133650.jpg 20200125_133658.jpg

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! That’s a lot of gold for one bag.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats I find gold and literally pounds of silver at some of these sales Thats how its done. Well done

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy you've been hit'n the mother loads there artslinger in gold and time pieces lately. I found a 14g Gorham Ster. Pickle Fork for 50¢ yesterday and that's been it for a while now.

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been very fortunate. Thanks. 100% of my scores have been by showing up and asking. They (watches and gold) have never been out minus a few times. I'm also very positive and optimistic, don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks to all again.

artslinger

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that’s a haul!! Well done. Just out of curiosity, what did this said bag o goodies cost you?

OP
OP
artslinger

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap that’s a haul!! Well done. Just out of curiosity, what did this said bag o goodies cost you?

Thank you. First, this was a late one, as I found it around 9 am. From the street it looked like a loser. Only one small table set up, and a quick scan revealed target/walmart home docor items. On the actual drive way were two low end fender electric guitars, entry level stuff. When I approached the table, there were a few pieces of costume jewelry. I asked the seller, an early 30s young woman, if she had any other jewelry. She goes inside and brings out one small jewelry piece that had a silver necklace and earring set. She gave that to me for .50 cents.

As I was paying her, I got more specific, and I asked her if she had any gold, broken pieces or mismatched earrings, etc. She thinks about it for a minute and goes inside and brings a tupperware container with multiple compartments full of jewelry. I asked her if she would sell it all to me, but she said that there were some pieces there that had sentimental value to her. I asked her if she would pick out the ones she wanted, and if she would sell me the rest. She agreed, and picked out some gold looking rings with different stones and diamonds looking ones. We put the rest in the ziploc bag, and she asked for $45 for all.

In the lot were 9 18kt gold electroplated rings. There was a lot of low end costume jewelry, about 200 grams of sterling the gold. In all honesty, I got on the gold train too late, and have not developed a keen eye for solid or plated gold, like a lot of of you. To protect myself, I offer low, as I have been burned in the past when the pieces turned out to be plated. In this case, I did not offer, but took the seller's asking price. Thanks again.

artslinger

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. First, this was a late one, as I found it around 9 am. From the street it looked like a loser. Only one small table set up, and a quick scan revealed target/walmart home docor items. On the actual drive way were two low end fender electric guitars, entry level stuff. When I approached the table, there were a few pieces of costume jewelry. I asked the seller, an early 30s young woman, if she had any other jewelry. She goes inside and brings out one small jewelry piece that had a silver necklace and earring set. She gave that to me for .50 cents.

As I was paying her, I got more specific, and I asked her if she had any gold, broken pieces or mismatched earrings, etc. She thinks about it for a minute and goes inside and brings a tupperware container with multiple compartments full of jewelry. I asked her if she would sell it all to me, but she said that there were some pieces there that had sentimental value to her. I asked her if she would pick out the ones she wanted, and if she would sell me the rest. She agreed, and picked out some gold looking rings with different stones and diamonds looking ones. We put the rest in the ziploc bag, and she asked for $45 for all.

In the lot were 9 18kt gold electroplated rings. There was a lot of low end costume jewelry, about 200 grams of sterling the gold. In all honesty, I got on the gold train too late, and have not developed a keen eye for solid or plated gold, like a lot of of you. To protect myself, I offer low, as I have been burned in the past when the pieces turned out to be plated. In this case, I did not offer, but took the seller's asking price. Thanks again.

artslinger

Just the 200 grams of sterling was worth the $45!! Again, nice score.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet bag of gold, congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions