Super Cool Native American Watch Identification Help

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Recently picked up this super cool Native American watch for $100. It is sterling silver with turquoise and coral. Weight on it is 110 grams and it holds a wind up Alsta watch face. The craftsman ship on this piece is very durable and sturdy and is way nicer than most of the other Native American pieces I have had. Its got a very unique and intricate snake design to it. The design reminds me of Effie Calavaza, but the hallmark doesn't match. Is anyone familiar with/ able to figure out who the artisan on the piece is? I am fairly certain it is a Navajo artisan who made it. The only hall mark on the piece is the L with the crescent above it. Also, anyone able to identify the type of turquoise in the piece? That also has me stumped. Thank you for any incite and happy hunting in 2020!

DSC_0066.JPG
DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0068.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG
DSC_0070.JPG
DSC_0071.JPG
DSC_0072.JPG
DSC_0073.JPG
DSC_0075.JPG

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Offering a $10 reward via PPG for the first person who can identify the artisan/ silversmith of this piece!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one appears to be well made. You got your monies worth and then some. Have you looked under the watch? Sometimes more clues there.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
This one appears to be well made. You got your monies worth and then some. Have you looked under the watch? Sometimes more clues there.

Good thinking. I hadn't checked under the watch case. I went ahead and just looked, and unfortunately no additional markings :/

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful piece! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread