May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s been a while since I found anything good on eBay but I stumbled upon an awesome buy it now auction for $25. I was pretty certain I Saw a Bulova Devil Diver along with another diver and some nice mechanical watches mixed in with the quartz junk. I received it today and boy oh boy!! Got a 1967 Bulova Snorkel Devil Diver with original bracelet. A vintage Marcel diver which needed work but I was able to replace the hands and get running again. A really cool looking mid century Organa 25j watch that cleaned up perfectly. And also a very nice and very thin Waltham. I couldn’t believe my luck. Also a few days ago I saw a Buren chronograph for sale and it had no bids after four days so I just made him an offer $42 with $8 shipping for total of $50 and he accepted. It was missing the pallet fork and balance but luckily I had both and was able to get it running but the chronograph function needs work. Easily my best eBay haul. Also I did get one Seiko 17j from 1971 that I haven’t started working on yet. Below are pictures of all the watches after polishing the crystals and cases and getting them running again. One happy picker!! Adjustments.jpg
IMG_4150.jpg
IMG_4151.jpg
IMG_4152.jpg

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice classics!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good deals on ebay. I like the bulova

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finished re enameling the bezel and added lume to the lume dot. Just black enamel spray paint and a small tipped brush. The lume came from a lume kit sold on eBay that came with tint and I think I nailed the color. Also got this 1971 manual wind Seiko too. Surprised on the prices these get. IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4153.jpg

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bulova is a sweet looking watch! Is the 666 ft the devil name?

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. The 666 gave it the devil diver nickname.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 666 Bulova came out very nice. I bought one in a pawn shop maybe10 years ago for maybe $20., but if I recall it was more of a 1970s looking one. That was when I was finding vintage watches still pretty frequently and doing regular listings on eBay and making good margins, because not everyone who dealt in antiques, pawn shops and flea markets caught on old watches were in demand online. Buy the way do you work on accutrons? I recently put a battery in this old 214 and it took a second and then the second hand started to go around the clock. After an hour I checked on it and the hour and minutes didn't advance. Now it doesn't run at all. :(

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven’t quite started working on Accu Tron’s yet. I have a Woody that is running slow that I need to fix. There’s a YouTube video showing someone working on one and they are not very easily

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not gonna try. Might just sell as-is or hang onto it.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck. I bought a Hamilton electric last weekend and Opened the back. I saw the battery and removed it and replaced it with a new one and nothing. I took the watch battery out and when I did I noticed a plus symbol on the bottom. I flipped the battery over and sure enough the watch ran. Happened on the Accutron too!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are amazing watches the Bulova, Organa, and Buren are my favorites. Incredible score! Congratulations.

artslinger.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how many watches in your collection?
:headbang::hello2:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! I have a few devils They are fun to flash around church groups :)

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score! I have a few devils They are fun to flash around church groups :)

Have you posted them on mybulova.com? We would love to have you join

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread