krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20200818_202713.jpg

Picked it up for $2 at a yard sale, guessing 60' or 70's?

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say 70's Im no expert but it seems the 70s stuff is become the rage again. Lamps as a rule are soft but the avocado green gives this a plus Don't think you got hurt for two bucks

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of these old lamps can make some good money I've noticed. You can find them pretty cheap at yard sales, thrift stores and flea markets and many people will pay more for online for them. I've picked up a few, like ones with Waterford cut crystal posts, old period Art Deco and the one that turned a pretty good profit was a wild looking 50s era Murano glass lamp. I got it out of a thrift store for something like eight bucks and it sold for around three hundred. Wasn't cheap to ship either, but the buyer was really happy with it. Though I never brought any some old period lamp parts can sell for good money. I noticed that when I started looking for parts for one I plan to restore. I could fix it with modern new sockets, but I thought it be better I find the old parts that were used and then found out those are not cheap at all and got out bid on the times I attempted to get what I needed. So maybe old junk parts lamps shouldn't be overlooked I'm thinking. When I retire I'm gonna get back again selling online all kinds of stuff. Lately I've been just buying things for when that day comes. Being a pack rat works for me, as long as I keep it out of sight and out of mind from mama. She goes into a flea market and says to me, I can't see what you see in these places as it all looks like junk, people don't want anymore. I think to myself, as long as there are people like you who see old and valued treasures that way, I'll keep finding the gems you all discard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread