Ivory ?

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been absent from the forums for quite a while, been going through some major changes in life. Finally found the time to get out last weekend and hit a few sales. Came upon this set. I am leaning towards ivory, I have a lot of experience with plastics, and have ruled most if them out, but have no experience with ivory.

20201016_121325.jpg
20201016_121315.jpg
20201016_121303.jpg 20201016_121257.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heat a pin. Stick the tip in someplace inconspiculous does it smell like burned hair? Ivory. Nasty - bakelite, plastic - plastic. Hope this helps ya!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my observations the earrings are clip on, I think if Ivory they would have gone a little more towards a pierced style as Ivory would have been expensive and clip on ones are easily lost, also the center bead the oblong one, under magnification has a seam in the middle of it not running lengthwise but around the middle, Ivory wouldn't have a seam. JMO. Research the maker of the earrings, the clips say Sterling and have makers marks on them and then find out the style of jewelry the company made.

Last edited:

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
99% they are ivory. I've seen lots of ivory earrings with clips. There was a time when the majority of earrings where clips. Ivory earrings with clips are the norm not the exception. My grandmother did have pierced ears which was not uncommon with her generation.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread