Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and one was a dud.

The other was a yardsale dream, a real yardsale. Nothing was new, everything had been sitting for decades in big tubs. Jewelry, silver plate, ceramics, pottery, old glassware and lot and lots of junk.

There was a 20 drawer plastic storage cabinet filled with bits and pieces. I pulled out three drawers and set them aside with the seller so no one else would claim. (turns out I was her first and only customer all day) Then I started wondering around for almost half an hour. I also picked up three pewter pieces. I buy pewter and melt into ingots for people who make little lead soldiers and cast bullets.

I came back to negotiate and she said if I take the entire cabinet and all inside I could get all for $20 I started thinking about how I could get a better price and she could tell what I was thinking so she went inside and brought out a missing drawer from the cabinet and offered it too. I said OK and paid the lady. The drawer was half full of old ivory (maybe) and teeth.

It took me one whole week to go through every little piece and sort them out. I pulled out and sorted into: Buttons, beads, jewelry, chains, rocks, ivory and gold/silver.

I made my money back already.
29.2 grams sterling $20.99
.3 grams 8-9kt gold $7.64
.6 grams gold filled $4.23

Now the hard part selling on feeBay

Can someone help me ID the teeth. Just by the yellowing they look to be many decades old.

Attachments

• 10-10-YARDSALE-1.JPG
    10-10-YARDSALE-1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • 10-10-YARDSALE-2.JPG
    10-10-YARDSALE-2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 102

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shovl shaped tooth under the queen of hearts is a camel tooth {i think}and Claws at bottom look like bobcat.

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
this one is elk ivory. i sold one on ebay. listed as elk tooth,to avoid the filter, think i got $8 for it.

Attachments

• 10-10-YARDSALE-2 (4).JPG
    10-10-YARDSALE-2 (4).JPG
    210 KB · Views: 55

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
this one.
typing in ( elk tooth) into ebay, sold items, it looks like i sold way to low.
but it only cost me 50 cents so whatever.

Attachments

• 10-10-YARDSALE-2 (4)_LI.jpg
    10-10-YARDSALE-2 (4)_LI.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread