Inherited measuring cup - missing handle?

artfan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I inherited this plastic measuring cup but it looks like it’s missing a handle. I’ve never seen one that had a detachable handle before, so I’m wondering if anyone else recognizes it or could point me to where I can find a handle for it? Since it’s a memento I’d like to be able to use it easier. There are no markings on it, besides “No microwave use” printed on the bottom. Also, how do I remove the scratches on the inside? Thanks for any help!

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 'Harvestfly' jug and they still make them to an almost identical pattern so you could in theory buy a new one and cannibalise the handle. They came in sets of three and, if you can't find the 200ml size sold on its own, a full set should be under $15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HARVESTFLY-Plastic-Measuring-Jug-Set/dp/B084GN7RDT

However, you are not only missing the insulating sleeve for the handle, but the actual handle has snapped off. You'll find it difficult to repair that and, even with 'superglue', I wouldn't trust it with anything hot in the jug. The scratches you can probably improve with toothpaste and a damp cloth but there looks to be internal stress crazing which you won't be able to do anything about.

I guess sentimental value can apply to anything and it's your dollar, but I know what I would do in the circumstances.

OP
OP
A

artfan

Dec 9, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a 'Harvestfly' jug and they still make them to an almost identical pattern so you could in theory buy a new one and cannibalise the handle. They came in sets of three and, if you can't find the 200ml size sold on its own, a full set should be under $15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HARVESTFLY-Plastic-Measuring-Jug-Set/dp/B084GN7RDT

However, you are not only missing the insulating sleeve for the handle, but the actual handle has snapped off. You'll find it difficult to repair that and, even with 'superglue', I wouldn't trust it with anything hot in the jug. The scratches you can probably improve with toothpaste and a damp cloth but there looks to be internal stress crazing which you won't be able to do anything about.

I guess sentimental value can apply to anything and it's your dollar, but I know what I would do in the circumstances.

Thanks for the info, I’ll just buy a replacement from Harvestfly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread