Cool South American Bracelet ID Help!

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, recently picked up this super cool bracelet for scrap. I am having a hard time identifying it though and making out the designers name. I have that hunch that this might be worth more than just silver. It looks Peruvian or Ecuadorian to me, but I am far from an expert. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

image0 (5).jpeg
image2 (7).jpeg
image1 (8).jpeg
image3 (6).jpeg
image5 (2).jpeg

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!
It was driving me crazy not being able to figure it out. Awesome!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
image0 (6).jpeg

Anyone familiar with this T&C hallmark? Thanks.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1915051

Anyone familiar with this T&C hallmark? Thanks.

Absolutely. That's a Tiffany mark (T & Co)! First use in commerce 1982; registered 1984; cancelled 2020.

But it may not be authentic of course. Could we please see the rest of the piece and close-ups of any other marks?

Last edited:

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Coat - though I found one sketched reference to that hallmark, couldn't find the dates you gave.

I also messaged Omega about being authentic - the hallmark looked too clean in relation to the rest of the photo - older tag, new engraving?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Coat - though I found one sketched reference to that hallmark, couldn't find the dates you gave.

It's not specifically a hallmark as such, although most folks refer to it as such when it's on precious metals. The dates are from the United States Patent and Trademark Office database:

Tiffany.jpg

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought to look there - I bow to your research abilities ! :notworthy:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do apologise. I wasn’t paying as much attention to the registration as I should have been. Note that the database reference I provided above is for the mark enclosed by a circle and, when I checked further, was not registered for personal jewellery… only for “datebooks” (engagement diaries). The same mark enclosed by two concentric circles was also previously registered in 1977 but, again, not for personal jewellery… only for "lighters". That one expired in 1997 without being renewed.

The mark we’re looking at here has no circle around it and that’s an earlier Tiffany mark with a much longer usage history and a wider registration for: “Jewelry for personal wear and use, not including watches; [precious stones,] flat and hollow ware made of or plated with precious metal, table cutlery of precious or semi-precious metal, [bodkins,] bookmarks, bottle openers, candelabra, [candle shades,] candlesticks, cardcases, cigar and cigarette boxes and lighters, napkin rings, combs, [and hairpins, buttonhooks], and shoehorns, all made of or plated with precious metal.”

That mark (without any circle surrounding it) was first used in commerce in 1900, first registered in 1929, last renewed in 1989 and expired 20 years later without being renewed.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you so much for the help!

I do apologise. I wasn’t paying as much attention to the registration as I should have been. Note that the database reference I provided above is for the mark enclosed by a circle and, when I checked further, was not registered for personal jewellery… only for “datebooks” (engagement diaries). The same mark enclosed by two concentric circles was also previously registered in 1977 but, again, not for personal jewellery… only for "lighters". That one expired in 1997 without being renewed.

The mark we’re looking at here has no circle around it and that’s an earlier Tiffany mark with a much longer usage history and a wider registration for: “Jewelry for personal wear and use, not including watches; [precious stones,] flat and hollow ware made of or plated with precious metal, table cutlery of precious or semi-precious metal, [bodkins,] bookmarks, bottle openers, candelabra, [candle shades,] candlesticks, cardcases, cigar and cigarette boxes and lighters, napkin rings, combs, [and hairpins, buttonhooks], and shoehorns, all made of or plated with precious metal.”

That mark (without any circle surrounding it) was first used in commerce in 1900, first registered in 1929, last renewed in 1989 and expired 20 years later without being renewed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions