18K gold Omega ladies watch - real?

Corvus

Jun 15, 2019
MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked this up at a garage sale: does it check out? I can't find any pix of this model on-line, as well as the two serial numbers (case/works) do not match and the bracelet clasp does not have an Omega symbol, safety chain, or karet mark. However, the inside case does show cleaning inscriptions and it seems dubious that a 1950s ladies model would get knocked-off. I'm currently a bit gun-shy after recently discovering my 1980s 14k Seiko was a gold-plated fake. It's okay if bad news as I also found a 10K ladies Hamilton at the SA an hour later for a whole $1.50. Thanks!

IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1292.JPG

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks real and the build up looks like old skin cells so yes I would say it is old.LOL Ewwwwwwww

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like a winner to me also, congrats on the getting a good one.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice watch.

It looks good to me, but I think the bracelet was either a customisation choice at time of purchase, or has been subsequently replaced. I think most likely it was on display with a leather strap and the customer wanted a gold bracelet (more about that below).

The movement markings look fine and 13210896, would mean it was made sometime around 1952 (serial numbers between 13000000-13999999). Some of the serial number ranges span several years, so dating can only be an approximation.

Thereā€™s no reason why the serial number on the case should match the movement since the case was made for, not by, Omega. The marks on the case all look good for Swiss hallmarked 18k gold and the ā€˜key of Genevaā€™ to the right designates that as the assay office. The number in the key is the registration number for the maker, and ā€˜29ā€™ is for Weber & Cie, SA of Geneva. ā€˜Cieā€™ is short for ā€˜Companieā€™ (Company) and ā€˜SAā€™ is for ā€˜Soci?t? Anonymeā€™ (the Swiss equivalent of Public Limited Company). They first registered in 1934 and then again in 1938 as a Limited Company.

The bracelet tells a different story I think. That hexagon mark on the clasp could be read either way up but it looks to me like a Spanish hallmark, which would have a number at the top and a letter or pair of letters below. It looks to me like ā€˜69ā€™ above the letter ā€˜Bā€™. If I read it correctly that would be for the assay office in Barcelona, Spain and the numbers would be the makerā€™s registration numberā€¦ but I canā€™t immediately put my hands on a full list of maker numbers.

OP
OP
Corvus

Corvus

Jun 15, 2019
MN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help all - feeling much better about this purchase. The bracelet links are hollow, making me think that it may be actual gold as well.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely 100% real awesome find congratulations

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Omega, and 18kt? Christmas in June! Congratulations!

artslinger

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty little thing. I think it would sell very well even in as-is condition imo.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread