This is why I do not go to a lot of yards sales.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    456.4 KB · Views: 196

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not understand why you do not go to a lot of yard sales because of the laws in your state?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not understand why you do not go to a lot of yard sales because of the laws in your state?

Because even on "annual yardsale weekend" for the entire county only eight families participated.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
While you had 8 you could have went to.But you have to remember you do not live in what we call a normal sane state.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you had 8 you could have went to.But you have to remember you do not live in what we call a normal sane state.

one has nothing to do with the other.
yes a lot of crazy screaming liberals here but they are all over the country.

In my county it is mostly democrat but many of these support our local sheriff and police and the kids in school still say the pledge every morning before class starts (granted after all the kiddos eat a full breakfast supplied by the school)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have one every now and then and made a couple thousand off of of one. I quit having them due to the following.

1. People showing up.Some even 24 hours before the sale and wanting to buy everything all at once or find them trying to go through what I was putting out.
2. People throwing the stuff every where as they went through it.
3. Not being able to speak the other persons language to haggle.
4. Having to seriously protect my yard ,plants and property from careless people.
5. Strangers at my house.

LOL I guess reading my list,,,,,,,I just do not like people whom I do not know at my house !

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one has nothing to do with the other.
yes a lot of crazy screaming liberals here but they are all over the country.

In my county it is mostly democrat but many of these support our local sheriff and police and the kids in school still say the pledge every morning before class starts (granted after all the kiddos eat a full breakfast supplied by the school)

In the last Presidential election, Del Norte county remained very strongly Republican, 56.4% to 40.8%. About the same as 20 miles north, curry county. In the last Presidential election, Curry county remained very strongly Republican, 56.8% to 40.6%.

Hey cyberdan, our county wide garage sale days...we have 2 per year... Had about 40 garage sales! :hello2:
Most of our garage sales are listed on the local buy and sell sights (facebook)

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the last Presidential election, Del Norte county remained very strongly Republican, 56.4% to 40.8%. About the same as 20 miles north, curry county. In the last Presidential election, Curry county remained very strongly Republican, 56.8% to 40.6%.

Hey cyberdan, our county wide garage sale days...we have 2 per year... Had about 40 garage sales! :hello2:
Most of our garage sales are listed on the local buy and sell sights (facebook)

I didn't know the Rep VS Dem ratio in our two counties. Thanks for letting me know. So many things going on here makes me feel it is very demo. The most recent is the local gov bought a motel close to the center of town and turned it into a homeless shelter. For those that don't know the town I live in, it is a tourist town and this is what they see. One of the banks I deal with is right across the street from this hotel and most of the time they have a teller standing behind the front glass doors watching outside. I know they are doing that in case these homeless come across the street begging for money.

In our local paper the friday before garage sale weekend there were more listings from your county than locally. Can you send me a private message with the FB pages you check out? thanks

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know the Rep VS Dem ratio in our two counties. Thanks for letting me know. So many things going on here makes me feel it is very demo. The most recent is the local gov bought a motel close to the center of town and turned it into a homeless shelter. For those that don't know the town I live in, it is a tourist town and this is what they see. One of the banks I deal with is right across the street from this hotel and most of the time they have a teller standing behind the front glass doors watching outside. I know they are doing that in case these homeless come across the street begging for money.

In our local paper the friday before garage sale weekend there were more listings from your county than locally. Can you send me a private message with the FB pages you check out? thanks

Yeh, your county's crime rate is a lot higher then ours....Must be the Pelican Bay State prison..?
I will PM you the facebook buy/sell links you have to join all 16 of them though.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh, your county's crime rate is a lot higher then ours....Must be the Pelican Bay State prison..?
I will PM you the facebook buy/sell links you have to join all 16 of them though.

Our crime rate is pretty high. Not sure if it is Pelican bay though. A lot of inmates have family move up here. Don't know where they live housing is pretty expensive. Trailer park are always filled, maybe there. We have some of the worst trashy trailer parks and I do mean the people and property. I go there when I see a yard sale listed and always lock my car door. I just wish I had taken some photos.

I will take you up on your list of FB buy/sell links. Just might join all 16 and use them when I feel like a drive up into your neck of the woods. Maybe we can meet at a sale at one of Brookings' trailer parks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you Dan. I moved from south Florida. Land of low hanging fruit hanging plentiful from the vine, just waiting to be picked. To Lexington, Ky. where the 8-12 sales spread out over a 30 mile radius is mostly crap I would give to the thrift stores. 1 or 2 better sales are overpriced as hell. I literally haven't bought a single thing yet, up here. My state of mind and blood pressure is much better though. I wouldn't move back there for love or money.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But, you call Connecticut a normal sane state all the time, except some of our members here.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel for you Dan. I moved from south Florida. Land of low hanging fruit hanging plentiful from the vine, just waiting to be picked. To Lexington, Ky. where the 8-12 sales spread out over a 30 mile radius is mostly crap I would give to the thrift stores. 1 or 2 better sales are overpriced as hell. I literally haven't bought a single thing yet, up here. My state of mind and blood pressure is much better though. I wouldn't move back there for love or money.
i love free fruit. Do farmers shoot the crooks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread