Men's and Women's 14K Omega Yard Sale Find/Offer Price Question

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So yesterday I went to a few sales and started in a old city in Orange County that has always been a high income town.

The house was modest and lots of interesting things were out for purchase but no jewelry. As I was talking to the people having the sale, another person asked about jewelry and there were some watches up for grabs they hadn?t thought about until asked.

After bringing them down, I stayed back in case the guy decided not to buy (I wasn't going to interfere) and ultimately he didn"t buy them and they went back inside.

I kept looking and when the crowd died down, I asked to see the watches. He brought out a men's 14k Omega, new in the box with hang tag and price. I didn't get a model but it's as basic as can be. Diamonds at 12, 3 , 6 and 9. No markings other then the box and 14k on back. The style is close to the attached picture and it just tells time, No date, chrono, etc. and the dial face is silver with a brown ring around the edge, no numerals.

Basically, I have the option to buy the watch but not sure if it has any value other then the gold content. It's really heavy but the second hand popped off so it needs a minor repair. Typical ugly 70s design and not a more desirable model. I'll bring my scale and see what it weighs.

Anyways, I left that sale and hit another one right around the corner. As I was pulled up, I spotted some jewelry sitting on the table and another velvet tray! Quickly I grabbed some earrings, necklaces, ring and watch before anybody else noticed. Paid the lady and was back in my truck in 5 minutes flat

That haul included (1) 18k ring, (1) Sterling necklace with interchangeable pendant, (1) pair of 18k earrings and (1) ladies 14k Omega watch!

The 18k earrings are 15 grams each! Total weight with the ring is almost 34 grams.

Not a bad way to get over missing that men's omega but the story doesn't end there! I'm going back today to buy some other stuff and possibly discuss the watch a bit more. I put an offer out there but also wanted to ask the experts here about getting a better idea of value.

I'll try to get the watches weight this morning.

Attachments

• 411D0865-B8DA-47B0-BDAE-CA9735733783.jpeg
    411D0865-B8DA-47B0-BDAE-CA9735733783.jpeg
    505 KB · Views: 123
  • E0C0C8E2-AFD4-4C15-89CD-7AA867EC457D.jpeg
    E0C0C8E2-AFD4-4C15-89CD-7AA867EC457D.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited by a moderator:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically I think it?s a function of the weight of the gold. Be careful because I?ve seen some watches with gold filled bracelets and gold bezels. Anything less than scrap would be a good deal. Anything over that not so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread