Thought I might have hit the jackpot

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry for putting this here, but there is no "Auction Finds" sub-forum. Lately, I have been picking up odd boxes of stuff from local auctions for dirt cheap prices. I am currently going through the last three boxes that I picked up for a total of under $10.

Going through one of them I thought that I just might have hit a super jackpot!! I found a bag with what looked like aquarium gravel in it, but it had a label on it that said "Frankincense Resin." Okay. Kind of weird, but you get all sorts of stuff in these boxes. A little bit later I found another small bag and it was labeled, "Myrrh Resin." Wow. Things are looking up. I searched every last bit of the box, but didn't find any gold. :sadsmiley:

I did find a bunch of different cables, a pair of 24 hour sober coins, some guitar slides, a metronome and 2 new, but very out of date condoms. You never know what kind of stuff you will find in these boxes and like I said, the 3 boxes that I am working on now cost me less than $10 and the used metronome goes for at least $20 so once I sell that I am ahead of the game.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus you can pose as a sober person for 48 hours.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat.

I have a small wooden chest with brass ornamentation that I picked up as a souvenir at a market in Turkey some years ago. It has three compartments, each with a sackcloth bag containing gold, frankincense, and myrrh respectively... but the 'gold' consisted of a bunch of pyrite crystals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions