My best garage sale find

OP
OP
M

Michaelaao

Feb 10, 2008
Hello,

They are red under the dustjacket which is called rainbow, last year one sold for $22.5K, and one for $17K, I have been offered $10K so far.

OP
OP
M

Michaelaao

Feb 10, 2008
Hello,

I'm not so sure that going out looking for one is such a great idea, there were less than 5000 printed. But now if you come across one you will know. How about you? Do you know of an item that is worth alot of money that most people would not give a second glance to? We all know about obvious stuff like baseball cards, fishing lures, old coins.....etc. How about posting something unusual or common looking that is worth alot? If every one would post one item, we would all be wiser. I'll even give you another. Batmobile diecast car made by the Corgi company. One sold on ebay last week for $375. I found 2 of these last year.Both were pretty beat up, but I still got $100 each. It would be great if everyone would share.

Michael

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
not too long ago i picked up a WW2 sniper scope at an estate sale for $2 and Ebayed it...sold for $1100.......it was a " TELESCOPE M73B1 "..........people restoring the old Springfield 1903a4 will pay big money for the correct scope

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have known the aaa books are highly collectible..but my stupid question of the year is... why are they so valuable??? I am so curious... I have yet to find one in all the years I have hunted used shops and thrift shops and yard sales... what is the big deal with these?

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
OK i'll post one that i can think of.....Keep an eye out for German issue watches from ww2, a lot of vets bought them home but they look like any other watch. Several companies made them but all the serial numbers on the back case have a D or D###H for Deutch Heer most ive seen have a plain black face with a small seconds hand movement under the hour hands and a leater strap... the navy ones have a white face and uually have a KM on the face above the hour hands for Kreigs Marines. Most sell for several hundred...on the other hand a Luftwaffe watch made by companies like Hanhart sell for thousands but these were large chronographs and stand out so chances of finding them in a junk box are rare. I'll post some companies that made them when I get home but off hand I can think of a few like Glashutte, Glycine, Grana, Gustonia, Hado, Hanhart, Helbros, Helios, Helma, Helvetia, IWC.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow! I am amazed at that price on the book! and the steins....tempted to go take a closer look at the two that David brought back from Germany now! lol Better not! ;)

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best yard sale find... in a box labeled all items 25cents.. so I rummaged thru it..found this lil vase, I figured it was old but not that old, it was signed on the bottom Daum Nancy... I had no clue..tossed it in the front seat of my car.. not knowing a thing about it..just figured someone on ebay would buy it to put on a nice antique dresser.. well I was gonna toss it out.. it had over 24 embossed ( that were raised) in gold french cross lorraine's on it.. didnt think anything of it... finally months later when I found it in one of my ebay boxes.. I said ahh what the heck, will post it...so I took lots of pictures sent it to a friend of mine and said is this worth anything ( no glass expert here) well I got a instant message and she said, omg I have been waiting my whole life for a daum nancy... I figured oh good its worth bout 50 bucks... the true value was worth min of 1,000.00 so I re verified it to make sure, Posted it on ebay, sold it for 450.00 and off to japan it was shipped.. not bad for a 25cent investment..

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
VERY nice find pretty lady! :D I would not have recognized it either but I will if I see another! :D

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
My best find is crackle glass decanter I paid 8$ for. I thought it looked familiar so I looked it up and found the same piece for 139$ in an auction catalogue.

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michaelaao said:
Do you know of an item that is worth alot of money that most people would not give a second glance to? We all know about obvious stuff like baseball cards, fishing lures, old coins.....etc. How about posting something unusual or common looking that is worth alot? If every one would post one item, we would all be wiser. It would be great if everyone would share.

Michael
Here's one that I found in a free box a couple of years ago at a Garage Sale. Dr. Evil's Hypnotic Eye Sold it on Ebay for just over $160.00
Dr. Evil was Captain Actions arch enemy. Captain Action is from the late 60's and was to run against the G.I. Joe action figures. With Capt. Action you could buy interchangeable outfits and you could have Batman, Superman, Aquaman, and many others.
Here's a pic. of the Evil Eye.

DJH

Attachments

• Dr. Evil Hypnotic Eye (1).jpg
    Dr. Evil Hypnotic Eye (1).jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,127

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread