Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I hope you made a good deal of moola on it.. best of luck to you big time. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a killer read :thumbsup:

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
fldaphne said:
Tatunka said:
Nice hit there!!! That was a good catch. May you have many more.

Tat
Thank you. I love old books!
I like old books also. I probably have 200 old books, some I have had since I was a kid (54 now). I have also made some real good money sellling books. I bought a huge box of first editions for $5 a few years back. All of them had to do with Ethiopia. The oldest was from 1882. I made close to $2000 on those books.

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
Silver_Fox said:
fldaphne said:
Tatunka said:

Tat
I like old books also. I probably have 200 old books, some I have had since I was a kid (54 now). I have also made some real good money sellling books. I bought a huge box of first editions for $5 a few years back. All of them had to do with Ethiopia. The oldest was from 1882. I made close to $2000 on those books.

WOW! Love to hear that. Hope you get another great find like that. That was a Treasure for sure.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
fldaphne said:
Silver_Fox said:
fldaphne said:
Tatunka said:

Tat

WOW! Love to hear that. Hope you get another great find like that. That was a Treasure for sure.
Always searching. You never know where that next great treasure might be. Those profits are good to use to by stuff you collect.

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga
Nice!

Where is a good place to find the value of old books? I have some that i am curious about.

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
ac385 said:
Nice!

Where is a good place to find the value of old books? I have some that i am curious about.

I check:
Alibris
abebooks
or
vintage-books.com

I find that by checking the sold books on ebay and the above sites - I can get a better idea since even though a book might be pretty pricey on the above sites, they don't seem to get that on ebay. But you never know and at least it gives you an idea of what you have. Good luck!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
fldaphne said:
ac385 said:
Nice!

I check:
Alibris
abebooks
or
vintage-books.com

I find that by checking the sold books on ebay and the above sites - I can get a better idea since even though a book might be pretty pricey on the above sites, they don't seem to get that on ebay. But you never know and at least it gives you an idea of what you have. Good luck!
I usually use Abebooks. You won't get what they show but it will give you an idea if it is a $2 book or a $200. After your book comes up, go to the Sort Results By: and change it to Highest. Look at the descriptions and find one like yours. The lowest are probably paperbacks. The highest --signed by author.

OP
OP
fldaphne

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
WOW! No money in between the pages but I will take that return any day. Thanks for all the good wishes - for a while there I was thinking that all the watchers on it were all Tneters. Yippee!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions