really nice hoosier cabinet from estate sale

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
picked up this nice little cabinet this morning for $130....little more than I wanted to pay but I liked it...cant make much on it but I may just keep it.......they were starting the sale at 8 but I got there about 6:30.....hehehehe....started helping pull stuff out of the basement and there it was toward the back......let me tell y'all the basement is FULL and I mean packed with old furniture .....100 year old dressers and chifferobes. huge oak fireplace mantles, almost any thing you can think of....they were not gonna get everything out right now....the grandfather is still living but in bad shape with Alzheimers....they were just trying to make a little room in the basement for now.....eventually they will have another sale....they are supposed to call me a coiple weeks ahead of time and I offered my services in helping them move stuff out and get it all ready in exchange for the first choice of the treasures....some of this stuff was the grandfather's grandfather's....I mean OLD stuff.....Also the old homeplace is right behind the new one....i asked about MDing and she said she didnt have a problem with it but it would be later down the road....anyway sorry to be so long winded but it takes a while to paint a picture of the massive amounts of old stuff in this basement....happy hunting everyone

Attachments

• MVC-054F.JPG
    MVC-054F.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 17,688

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
I LOVE it !!!
Been looking for one for a while.
I would have snatched that up in a second!
Looks to be in great shape :wink:
Congrats :thumbsup:

S

stefen

Had an identical one that was totally intact. Stripped and refinished and sold it about 20 years back for $750...

$130 is an absolute steal.

When my folks died, we found bank books taped to the backs and undersides of dresser drawers...hint.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you lucky dog..I love it.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is beautiful and a great find. My granny had one just like it. I remember watching her open the doors on it and sift flour into a bowl to make biscuits. She still used it every day until she died in 1968.

DANGLANGLEY

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I have the base for one just like it. Still painted white. Didn't even realize what it was till a few years back. Like yours mine is just sitting in the basement. Nice find.

Dave

carljackson47

Aug 16, 2010
Wow, I love the cabinet. The vintage look is great. A bit pricey but nevertheless I think it is worth it. The cabinet is still in good condition. Where can I find that kind of cabinets?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread