My Ace 250 Finds from March 6th to April 6th

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are my best finds with a metal detector from March 6th to April 6th. I used my inexpensive Garrett Ace 250 to find them all except for the big wrench at the bottom of the photo. The top 3 coins are a 1901 Barber dime, a 1906 V nickel, and an 1899 Indian Head Cent. The next row of coins are the wheat cents that I found, including a beautiful 1927-D valued at between $7-$25. The horseshoe-shaped item next to the Cub Scouts handkerchief holder is a copper Lone Ranger badge, probably from the late 1930s. The T-shaped brass item with the circles on the ends is marked Ford in script and I need to find out what I can about it. All I know is that it's from the very early Ford Motor Company. I also found a few pieces of old costume jewelry, a bunch of other old items, and the numerous modern coins at the bottom of the picture. This year, my #1 goal is to find gold (rings, jewelry, and coins) but I didn't find a piece of gold last month. I also found a lot of small brass and copper items, that are not pictured, which I put in my recyclable metal bins. In order to find all of this, I'd estimate I dug about 10 pieces of trash for each keeper that I recovered. I love this hobby!
Central Texas Treasure Club

Jay-md finds - March 6 to April 6 2018 001.JPG

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep up what your doing, gold will soon to follow for sure especially in Relic and Jewerly setting. Thanks for posting your finds with your go to machine Ace 250. HH.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep up what your doing, gold will soon to follow for sure especially in Relic and Jewerly setting. Thanks for posting your finds with your go to machine Ace 250. HH.

In early March, using the Coins setting on the Ace 250, I found a lady's 1935 sterling and 20k gold class ring. It rang up solidly as a dime at 6". The outer band was gold and the inner band was sterling silver. This month, I've been using the jewelry setting exclusively but have found no more gold yet but it's probably just around the corner. :)
~Texas Jay
MD finds-Feb-early March 2018 001.JPG

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your earlier finds sure to be around the corner indeed good luck on your next hunt!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your earlier finds sure to be around the corner indeed good luck on your next hunt!

Thank you, doggoneitdignit. My Ace 250 and I had a very exciting day today when I pulled out a nice 1914-S Barber half dollar out of the middle of a fire ant colony at a depth of between 8 and 10 inches! In 49 years, I had never found a silver half dollar so finding one has been my goal for many decades. I had found a few clad halves but never a silver one. I had located the target with my 250 on Thursday but I got stung on the hand twice before I could get down to it with my 3-in-1 digging knife so I marked it with a small utility flag, that thankfully my hunting buddy had brought along, and decided to dig it up with a long-handled digging tool when I next returned to the site. Since we had a heavy rain Thursday and Friday, we finally got back today and I was able to retrieve the 3 targets that I had marked with flags. The first two were aluminum scraps but the 3rd fire ant-ridden hole gave me the big surprise when a mud-encrusted half dollar-sized object appeared in the bottom of the hole. On Thursday, my buddy dug a very nice 1893 Indian Head cent at the same site. He alternates between using his XP Deus and his new Minelab Equinox 800. That got him all fired up and I was very happy for him. I think I made an Ace 250 believer out of him today when I hollered, across the field, to him that I had just found a silver half. ha.
I estimate that I now have 65 hours or so on the Ace 250 and it's already produced 4 "firsts" for me just this year. Now that I have my silver half, the next two finds on my goal list are a real silver dollar and a gold coin. I really think that both are well within reach with the well-researched sites that we're hunting now.
~Texas Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread