My Garrett Ace 250 Finds from April 6th to May 1st

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My metal detecting finds from April 6th to May 1st. At the top is a chrome part from an old Chevrolet (Chevrolet emblem on the top), a circular radiator emblem from an old Dodge Brothers car (1914-1928 model), and a few old bullet shells and a shotgun hull. I only found two pieces of jewelry during that short month - a small child's cowboy boot ring with a tiny piece of turquoise in it and a bent loop earring (below the Chevy part). Neither was gold or silver and I didn't find any silver coins last month either. I only found one wheat penny and it was a 1958. To the left is a very old harmonica reed, a couple of separate lipstick holder pieces, a copper rouge compact, and rusty piece of a very old door latch. To the right of the bent loop earring is a "Heads You Win - Tails You Lose" brass token from the 1950s. I found it while hunting in 32 degree weather with a strong north wind blowing at our Central Texas Treasure Club's April Surprise Field Trip/Hunt. It shows a woman's breasts on the front and her butt on the back. To the lower right of the token is a Sacagawea dollar coin that I found on a vacant lot in town. I found a few fishing weights, several old unidentified metal items, a bunch of memorial cents, several clad coins, and a large old wrench, probably from around the 1910s or 1920s. I found all of these items, except for the wrench, with my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector. I found the wrench with my Garrett Scorpion one day when I was trying to correct a problem with it. Our next club meeting will be on June 5th. We will be drawing for 3 winners of our Gold Coin Raffle. Visitors are always welcome and encouraged to attend.

Central Texas Treasure Club

Happy Hunting!
~Texas Jay

PICT0014.JPG

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Texas, NICE ..you give me hope. Thats the detector my parents have and I wasnt sure if it was good enough for "pro" hunting..Ill remember your finds next time I scoff at my mom and dads detector

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texas, NICE ..you give me hope. Thats the detector my parents have and I wasnt sure if it was good enough for "pro" hunting..Ill remember your finds next time I scoff at my mom and dads detector

Yeah, s2ndjetli, don't scoff at the little Ace 250. :) I've used it almost exclusively over the past 3 months and I estimate that I have about 65 hours on it. It's already found several silver dimes, a 1935 lady's gold and sterling class ring, and, just last Saturday, it got me my first silver half dollar - a 1914-S Barber - which is the first silver half that I've found in 49 years of detecting. My detecting partner alternates between using his trusted XP Deus and his new Equinox 800. He has a few decades of metal detecting experience too but, with the Ace 250, I beat him at least 50% of the time we hunt together. I also have a new Ace 350, that I won a year ago at our Central Texas Treasure Club competition hunt, but I haven't even taken it out into the field yet. I'm having too much fun with the 250. :) The Ace 250 is a little workhorse!
Happy Hunting!
~Texas Jay

PICT0011.JPG

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool, advice well taken..Using the 250 to bloody up my hands --20 dollars... Learning to keep detectors away from my phone --50 dollars....... begging parents to let me borrow it again now....priceless

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a ton of great finds for the month.
Hard to see most items clearly in the picture, but I can clearly see you had fun!!

OP
OP
Texas Jay

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a ton of great finds for the month.
Hard to see most items clearly in the picture, but I can clearly see you had fun!!

Thanks, can_slaw & Hawks88. Yes, I did have fun and am still having it. :) My old camera is not working too great these days. Here are a couple of photos - the first is of the Dodge Brothers emblem that won 1st Place for the Relics category of our last CTTC Finds of the Month vote. I hoped that more of the blue and silver enamel would show up after I let it soak in soapy water overnight and then worked on it with a toothpick but the soil had taken most of it away in the past 100 years or so. The second is of the Sacagawea dollar coin and the third is what a DB emblem in nice condition looks like. The better ones are selling for from $65-$270 online.
~Texas Jay

PICT0015.JPG PICT0016.JPG DB radiator emblem like mine 1914-1928.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread