96 Hours So Far on Ace 250

Texas Jay

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2006
Brownwood, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, vintage D-Tex SK 70, Tesoro Mojave, Dowsing Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put my 96th hour of my 100-hour goal on my Garrett Ace 250 metal detector, hunting in my own front yard for an hour this evening. I found 1 dime, 3 memorial pennies, and 1 old wheat penny which was 8" deep. I'm soaking some of the dirt off of the wheat cent so that I can read the date. Here's a photo of the second Ford Model T hub cap that I found from May 1st to June 5th. It was less than 10 feet from where I found the first one and it's more badly bent than the earlier find. I must say that the Ace 250 has performed way beyond my expectations and even farther beyond any of the reviews I've seen for it. I've found enough treasure with it to more than pay for the detector. Whenever you can do that after using a metal detector for less than 100 hours, that's pretty amazing.
Our Central Texas Treasure Club will hold our regular monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, July 5th, at the Early Chamber of Commerce Bldg. at 104 E. Industrial Blvd. in Early, Texas. I will be giving a program about some of my most interesting (but less valuable) finds that I've made over the last 49 years and I'll have many of them on display. Any members who want to bring some of your most interesting finds and share the program with me are encouraged to do so.
As always, visitors are welcome and encouraged to attend !

Central Texas Treasure Club

~Texas Jay

May-June2018 001.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread