seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my ACE 250 sense 2008.

At the time it was getting a lot of attention. I think for good reason. I bought my adult son one for his birthday back then.
He still uses it today. Both of ours still work like new.

They don't have the ID number system of the current ACE system, but they still work very well.

I just bought an ACE 400, it has a few more features and a bigger coil. But if I was to put the bigger coil on my 250 I think
it might give the 400 a run for its money.

Ill never sell my 250, my other adult son has plans for it this spring.

I see these machines on the used market for very good prices. They are easy to learn and use. Well worth the look in my book.
I may snatch up another soon as I have a 12 yo granddaughter interested in the hobby now.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great machines, glad you guys are enjoying them. Good Luck in the field!

cougar14

Aug 6, 2017
Concord
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife got me a 400 while I was laid up recovering from a PE. I had never detected, and she figured it would be a good hobby to get me back on my feet for a fair amount of time. She was right, this hobby is great to rehab someone or just get a couch potato outside. I took the first $500 I found in dimes and quarters towards a Nox 800, but I still take the 400 out.

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 250 was my first machine due to all the great reviews I read online. It gets all those good reviews for a reason!

After buying the 250, I later chose a White's DFX and then, most recently, an XP Dēus. I think about selling the DFX at times, but the thought of getting rid of that Ace 250 has never crossed my mind. As I upgraded my equipment, I kept a complete set of stuff (waist belt/pouch, digger, pinpointer) and keep it all in the car with the 250 so I always have a detector with me.

OP
OP
seagullplayer

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the Garrett ACE series is a great first detector. Simple to get great results from. And such great results are possible.

Some of the machines that I see recommended for a first machine I scratch my head at. When I see the reviews of them, they look pretty complicated to me.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, I clicked here by mistake. I thought you meant a F-250.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread