Ace 250 saves the day

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Ace 250 was my first detector and in the years since it introduced me to metal detecting, I bought a White's DFX and later, an XP Déus. But I still use the Ace 250 a lot and enjoy its simplicity.

This weekend, a friend had a small outdoor gathering at his summer home. An out-of-state guest somehow lost his wedding ring in the yard and was distraught and in big trouble with his wife (who was with him when he lost it). It was a tungsten ring with a thin gold inlay around the circumference. I went there this morning with the Ace 250 in hopes of recovering it.

I didn't know how tungsten would ring up on the machine but I did expect that a ring on the surface, hidden in the grass, would probably produce a strong signal. I set the sensitivity on three bars past minimum and started gridding out the yard. It didn't take long to locate the ring. It rang a single mid-tone under the pull tab icon. I called the owner and he was VERY happy. And once again, I was very happy with the Ace 250.

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had my 250 for about 10 years, bought my oldest son one back when too. He still runs his as his only detector. As of last spring mine is now used for guests that hunt with me.
It sure was a big jump from my radio shack detector days...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions