Is no one discussing the Apex?

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no one else chimed in. I for one have no idea.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Only a few have been released apparently. I'll be waiting for the AT series Apex that is going to be waterproof.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been busy using the Minelab Vanquish 540 - and LOVING it!:skullflag:

CalReg

May 3, 2020
San Jose, CA
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000, Simplex, Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of hard to comment on something that hasn't been released yet. I've seen a few YouTube videos from people that are testing it before release and it looks pretty good.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kind of hard to comment on something that hasn't been released yet. I've seen a few YouTube videos from people that are testing it before release and it looks pretty good.

Yeah, the videos I've seen on it are all made by Garrett-sponsored fanboy channels. Of course they are gonna shove a camera into every hole as if the machine is some force of nature. The true test will come when the general public gets ahold of it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
yes not many if any has one yet but i think when they do come out there will be good report's on them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry you have to love Minelab you make money off them.So you have to praise them.I have learned in all the years i have been detecting40 some not to knock any detector company they all make good detectors. I will find as much with a $500.00 detector as most will find with a $5000.00 detector.

OP
OP
pulltabfelix

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If my memory is correct on the Equinox there seemed to be quite a bit of forum traffic speculating on the Equinox just after it was announced. I suspect it is what most say, an Ace upgrade and the real deal will be sometime in the future a (hopefully) major upgrade to the AT line and a significant competitor to the Equinox 800. Let's hope so.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If my memory is correct on the Equinox there seemed to be quite a bit of forum traffic speculating on the Equinox just after it was announced. I suspect it is what most say, an Ace upgrade and the real deal will be sometime in the future a (hopefully) major upgrade to the AT line and a significant competitor to the Equinox 800. Let's hope so.

Minelab, as many remember, went overboard with their pre release PR, claiming months before release that the nox was going to "obsolete all other detectors", so yes there was more hoopla and fanfare with its release.
Garrett seems to be showing some dignity and not making any outlandish claims about the coming Apex, so there is indeed quite a bit less buzz about it. Of course its an upgrade to the Ace, they make no bones about that and its about time they upgraded what is probably the best selling detector line in history. Not worried about "competing with the nox", by the time any rumored super AT comes out, ML itself will be trying to make the nox obsolete with its next offering [and hopefully that one actually will be waterproof, unlike the leaky nox]

Am glad the Apex is not waterproof, considering the flood of drowned nox's, I don't think big LCD detectors are suitable for submerging [hope my ML fanboy stalker doesn't have a stroke reading this].

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry you have to love Minelab you make money off them.So you have to praise them.I have learned in all the years i have been detecting40 some not to knock any detector company they all make good detectors. I will find as much with a $500.00 detector as most will find with a $5000.00 detector.

No, I am NOT paid by Minelab, nor do they sponsor me. People said the same thing when I praised Tesoro, Nokta Makro, Garrett, and Fisher machines. My Sponsor is Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. I try and test new machines all the time. I am looking forward to getting an Apex, but right now I am field testing / learning the Vanquish 540. Yes, I DO recommend Minelab machines, as they are top-of-the-line gold nugget and beach machines. :occasion14:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I am NOT paid by Minelab, nor do they sponsor me. People said the same thing when I praised Tesoro, Nokta Makro, Garrett, and Fisher machines. My Sponsor is Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. I try and test new machines all the time. I am looking forward to getting an Apex, but right now I am field testing / learning the Vanquish 540. Yes, I DO recommend Minelab machines, as they are top-of-the-line gold nugget and beach machines. :occasion14:
Well Terry my mistake . You know that i am not always right and at times i get the wrong information.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look on you tube

Top Member Reactions