Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Guy Questions...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2018
    Northern CA
    White's TDI SL, Minelab GPX5000 & GM1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
    170 times
    Prospecting
    My eldest son and I got out last Saturday for another adventure. Once we fixed the flat tire on my truck we made it down to a new spot on the creek and quickly found out the number of hot rocks in this area was outlandish! Every few feet it seemed our detectors were sounding off and after digging a few holes each we'd identify a rock as the culprit. I eventually set my detector to Disc 1 with iron disc set at 15 so I could actually find targets that were metal. Now I know that this is not the best setting to have my detector on when prospecting but in this case my thinking was we have limited time and I'd rather find spots where heavies have dropped out than to be digging up hot rocks the rest of the day. We spent the next few hours detecting/panning and found various metal objects but nothing of any true value, and one little flake of gold. Oh well, we had fun and we're already looking forward to another outing next weekend to a different spot!

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    11671 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    while your AT GOLD may not be a higher class detector, it is still a very good one. mine has found several gold rings, silver rings and silver jewelry, coins and other very cool things. My wife found an 18 inch woman's 10 k necklace, those can be challenging for a lot of detectors. Take in what has been suggested and learn your machine, I tried to dig by tone and not the #s because they can be off and mislead you. like it was said, let the shovel be your discerner, especially on those deep faint signals. Hope to see some of your finds soon.
    AllenJ likes this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links