Would there be interest in carbon-fiber shafts for the AT-series (Pro/Gold/Max)?

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

I have been pondering the possibility of introducing a new addition to the product lineup at my company, "Steve's Detector Rods." I've been building high-quality carbon-fiber rods and shafts for the Minelab CTX 3030 and Minelab Equinox for a couple of years now, and I'm a sponsor/vendor here at T-Net. I have built up a solid customer base, and have gradually expanded my product lineup/options over time.

During the past couple of years, I have received semi-regular inquiries from customers asking "do you produce shafts for any other brands of machines," and at times, those questions come from users of Garrett's AT-series machines. As such, I've begun considering the possibility of designing a high-quality carbon-fiber lower shaft (either a one- or a two-piece shaft, or both) that would replace the two sections of the AT shaft extending from the upper cam lock down to the coil end of the shaft. On a two-piece version of such a shaft, the two sections would be connected/mated through the use of the same high-strength, heavy-duty clamp-type cam lock that I use on my Equinox shafts, allowing quick/easy adjustment of your lower rod length.

If I were able to bring such a design from the drawing board to production mode, would any of you be interested in such a shaft? I'm just gauging interest at this point, and would welcome any comments...

Thanks!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread