Dumb questions department

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still have not been able to hunt with the new max. Question is, when I turn it on do I ground balance first, or do I select which mode to hunt in first, then ground balance. If I switch modes do I re ground balance? I have read thru the manual twice and have not found the answer. I have a learning garden set up with penny, nickel, dime, quarter, bullet, brass case, bottle cap, pull tab, nail, gold tooth, what else should I bury for test garden ? When is the eq 800 going to be readily available at suggested retail. I know I know the last question is not answerable. oh well come on dry weather

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ground balance right after I turn on my detector, I also set the sensitivity mid-level or at least 2 bars from max for ground balancing. I will reground balance if the detector starts to get a little chatty. Make sure you GB in area with low VDI numbers I try to find spot that gives me a 03-10 VDI. Can't answer your question on the Nox would like to have one I've kept my eye open, so far, no luck. I refuse to play some of the prices I've seen on eBay they are ridiculous. I'm quite happy with my Max would like to have the EQ just as a backup. If it really is what everyone claims it to be I might sell my Max maybe.

Hope this helps, good luck hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Poor old tom

Mar 22, 2018
Goldendale, Wa
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO x 2 - Equinox 800x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your response. I will go that way too.. Good hunting to you Tom

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you move around rebalance accaionally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread