Lots Of Old (AT MAX 8.5" Concentric Coil) Plus Much Flour Gold!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0072 (2).JPG

I am off work for another 3 weeks for holidays. The last couple of days I was out hunting for coins in an older part of Edmonton. It was raining off and on, so I got out between rain storms. The medium sized coil, 8.5" concentric coil bangs real hard on coins, and still maintains a decent level of depth.

DSC_0098 (2).jpg

Here's the best of the last couple of days......Lots of US coins buried up here. Anyone got any ID on that military button?

best yet.jpg

On Monday, I spent a day out of town shovelling someone's old tailings into my highbanker, and was really surprised at how much gold I got. I guess each year the river replenishes the gold in the bedrock, and someone's tailings make an excellent trap for the gold.

micro.jpg

Here is my micro sluice which I used to further reduce the concentrates from the highbanker. The rest I hand pan to nearly pure gold.

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
garrett,groundhog,ads7x whites xlt-e
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow you killed it that day. did the at hit on the old tailings and got the nod to run thru the highbanker? all so love your micro sluice. dang that is a lot of gold for yearly replenishment . if your guess is right may be trying to stage some more piles of tailings for next years high water run off, and see what you find next year.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great post again love it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread