At Max react to the stone

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the detector doing? Maybe try a smaller coil? That can help with EMI and high iron areas. The Garrett 5x8 Pro coil is a excellent choice. Mine never comes off.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
What is the detector doing? Maybe try a smaller coil? That can help with EMI and high iron areas. The Garrett 5x8 Pro coil is a excellent choice. Mine never comes off.

Stefs...The 5x8 DD coil for the AT Max that Bart is talking about is Amazing!

I can't say enough positive about it and I Hunt a lot in exactly the same type of areas that you describe. Rock walls, dirt and rock floors.

It's also Noticeably Liter than the stock coil.

Kace

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, the stock coil si not good?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
So, the stock coil si not good?

I'm not saying it's not good...For me, the Max is my first Garrett and I bought it specifically for using in and around old rock foundations and cellars that are uneven as well as being submersible.

I researched a lot of machines before buying this and although I'm Extremely Happy with my Whites DFX and it's done really well everywhere as well as in the rock wall and floor areas...I have the 9" Coil on it and couldn't detect everywhere in these areas the way I wanted to.

Research showed that the 5x8 DD would be the best Submersible Coil as well as letting me get into the rocky foundation areas better. That's very true. It's much easier, lighter and allows for better accessibility than the larger Search Coil.

If you just bought your AT Max and know your dealer, talk to them about it...they 'might' trade in the stock Coil towards the 5x8 DD Or give you a discount on buying one outright. I don't know how that would work, but it's worth a try to ask.

Kace

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the 5x8 its great

Top Member Reactions