Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not sure if it’s just my imagination, but a new set of batteries in my AT Max seem to drain faster when hunting an area that is loaded with trash, vs an area like hunting woods where the signals are fewer and further between. Is the machine drawing more power with the more frequent beeping? I’m thinking this is the case, but would like additional confirmation of my theory.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Yes, your common sense is working. Running with iron audio on will make even more noise, more noise uses more power.

OP
OP
J

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I thought that was the case. I’m sure that without the wireless headphones it would be an even faster drain due to the speaker being in use. My Bounty Hunter LRP got better battery life when I added a Bluetooth transmitter and wireless headphones.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sell the chargable battery for the max will last for a c few hunts on one charge great deal ypu will save alot on batteries A must have believe me

OP
OP
J

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They sell the chargable battery for the max will last for a c few hunts on one charge great deal ypu will save alot on batteries A must have believe me

I’m currently researching alternatives to the $80 battery pack. I can do better from alternate sources by buying 8 NiMh batteries and a charger for around half that price, and have an extra set of rechargeable on hand when needed. Can also use them in my pinpointers.

I saw a video on a DIY hack to plug the entire battery pack into a rewired charger. Considering that option, as I have a lot of electronics stuff and battery chargers laying around.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
battery pack last for days I still recharge before I use best for your money batteries will cost you way more over time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread