Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I just received one and have not used it so I hope they have it figured it out!

OP
OP
Cobradude22

Cobradude22

May 11, 2018
Crawfordsville, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep me posted on how it goes. Did you get the standard coil or 5x8?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I Really Like Mine A Lot!.. No Issues At All...Definitely Get The 5x8 Coil.

Kace

SeekerProB

Nov 16, 2018
South East Alabama
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Began with Bounty Hunter, Now have AT Pro and AT Max.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep me posted on how it goes. Did you get the standard coil or 5x8?

Got the 8x10 but I have a pro with the 5x8 and also a sniper coil. Have a ring find to do today. I am going to try first with the pro then the max and may need the sniper to get close to metal poles.

OP
OP
Cobradude22

Cobradude22

May 11, 2018
Crawfordsville, IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the 8x10 but I have a pro with the 5x8 and also a sniper coil. Have a ring find to do today. I am going to try first with the pro then the max and may need the sniper to get close to metal poles.

Best of luck to you. Does it effect depth greatly using the 5x8? I hear it cuts down on overlapping targets. Never used one

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Best of luck to you with your decision on the Garrett AT Max.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled an 1889 Morgan with mine yesterday, out of a virtual field of iron. I know it's not hard to find an ounce of silver with any machine, but with a little patience I was able to separate the grunts from the chirps. I pulled 3 nails and 2 other iron objects from that plug. Not in any way saying it's the absolute best machine out there, but by golly for the $ it sure does what I want it to do. Ddf.

Haldean

Feb 11, 2019
Burlington NC
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been thinking about ordering the AT Max to upgrade from my Ace 400. However I keep hearing of people having trouble with them. Are they still giving people fits? Has Garrett ironed anything out? The uncertainty is great. Some people are having good luck others not so much. What to do

I don't know what kinds of problems people are having with their machines but so far I have had no problems with my AT Max. It seems that everyone wants to support the machine they are using. I guess they want to reinforce their own judgement for buying that machine in the first place. I have found that any machine is more or less equal to the skill of the person using it. Granted I have not found much this year but I haven't been to very many places. The more you seek the more you find. I like to play a little guessing game when I am detecting by guessing what it is before I dig and I find that the AT Max seems to be very accurate. I have dug many targets that I wasn't sure of but when ever I was sure then it was the real thing. That is very comforting to know. I have read so many good things about the NOX 800 that I would like to try one out but at this time I don't regret buying the AT Max. I have only heard good things about their service also.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any issues with mine, it's a beast. It performed well in the mineralized soil at a recent DIV, I have yet to try it in the ocean yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions