AT Max a must have for me.

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's been a long time since I haven't dropped by here but I am happy that the forum is still going strong. I am currently struggling to be another happy owner of the Max. But I have the impossibility that Garrett won't negotiate a refurbished one for me because I was told they give them to clubs. I find this quite outrageous because White's negotiated a refurb. MX Sport and it's going so cool with the 2 years of warranty like new. I like the (U.S. version) because I use to own the AT Pro and sold it to Jorge my treasure hunting camarada and now that the Max appeared I feel so deeply frustrated to have to climb cash wise well over $500 to have one I was told to buy one new and to forget about a refurb. Is there hope for me? Thanks "LP"

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure, I didnt even know they did that..I have a pro now, was looking into the max, but perhaps a refurbished whites might be an idea..Let us know what you find out...

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heart set on AT Max? If not and u like Refurb or slightly used go for a Equinox 600 or 800 if you can swing it.. you mentioned you have been gone awhile so fig i would mention it. Allot more machine for the same price or cheaper. Good luck.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hadnt checked so there are already used, and refurbed 600, and 800's out there huh??

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hadnt checked so there are already used, and refurbed 600, and 800's out there huh??

Have not seen any refurbs but i have seen used. You can call some dealers and ask. Good luck

OP
OP
Lizard-Prince

Lizard-Prince

Jun 5, 2008
Bayamon P.R.
Detector(s) used
DFX,BH ID,5000s2,AT Max,MX Sport,Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have seen videos on this detectors you mention the 600 and 800 but no thanks. I have had almost all my hunting extravaganza with White's and Garrett and using another company's model doesn't make me feel comfortable. Beside both Jorge and Carlos have AT Pro's so I told them I would give them heat and a run for the money when I could get the Max and my 2 favorite coils the snipper and the one that follows. Beside Carlos says I'm a white's guy since 1982. So max it be… "LP"

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen videos on this detectors you mention the 600 and 800 but no thanks. I have had almost all my hunting extravaganza with White's and Garrett and using another company's model doesn't make me feel comfortable. Beside both Jorge and Carlos have AT Pro's so I told them I would give them heat and a run for the money when I could get the Max and my 2 favorite coils the snipper and the one that follows. Beside Carlos says I'm a white's guy since 1982. So max it be… "LP"

Way to be open to new ideas....

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck with it. I had the Pro and sold it to get a Max. Me and the Max did not “click”. Although it does seem to click and pop and crackle on everything it swings over.. Mine was prob one of the first batches the audio was awful and crackly.. Hopefully they have that sorted out by now on the new ones. Friend of mine has one and loves it but it has become a wall piece since he got the Equinox.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
I'd really consider the Equinox. I don't like getting into the Ford vs Chevy type of arguments, but when it comes to metal detectors, the Equinox is the better one hands down at that price point.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread