ATMax All Metal and Tones

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my Max today, it was new in October and the owner decided to get a NOX. So having using my Whites M6 for nearly 10 years I kinda got used to the Tones. Now I discover the COINS mode on the Max skipped right over Iron (good) but also skipped out of my gold 14 Ct ring (bad)?

All is fine on the All Metal mode but I miss my Tones :( , is there a way to set it up so at least I can have the Tones I had on the COINS mode??

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi good luck with your Max, pretty sure all metal is just one tone.

OP
OP
W

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried with the wireless headphones today, wow a big difference in the way the machine operates and sounds. Getting used to the same tone in the All Metal mode I just watch the numbers and the icon bar display. The Zero mode I do not really get? If its All Metal and Zero discrimination ...... isn't it the same?

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No! All Metal has only one tone,Zero mode has 3 tones. Low,Medium,and High. All metal is the deepest setting on the machine. I use it on really deep signals (coins) to boost the signal strength up,and also use Iron Audio to rat out the trash.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put a coin in the ground at 5 inches....lay a nail off to the side at 8 inches......put the max in all metal with the iron audio on......Tell me if the coin sounds like TRASH IRON ...and how you would know the difference in the field??

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put a coin in the ground at 5 inches....lay a nail off to the side at 8 inches......put the max in all metal with the iron audio on......Tell me if the coin sounds like TRASH IRON ...and how you would know the difference in the field??

That is why I'm a big fan of the 5 X 8 DD coil! With the 5 X 8 coil you can really seperate the trash from the good targets.

mikeymetal

Greenie
Sep 1, 2020
Seattle, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm an admitted newb with any detector. With my AT Max I use Zero mode and turn up the iron discrimination to around 40. I like the different tones, and I'm not sure how much depth I'm losing in Zero mode vs. All Metal. I detect in pretty trashy areas so I need some discrimination! You can always use the Custom mode and notch out any discrimination you want and your settings will persist across power cycles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread