AT Max. Zero vs Custom mode....

Indiana-FH

Oct 7, 2008
Newburgh, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max - BH 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have had my Max about a year, lately I have been trying to test the diff modes, I would spend the day in all metal, next time custom, then zero etc. I seem to feel the zero mode with the disc set up about 38 and nothing notched out is a good feel for me. I was just wondering how other feel about the difference between zero and custom....

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not had my Max long enough to learn anything except the Zero mode gives you different tones vs the All Metal mode. I started out with a Whites M6 in 2009 and finally sold my last one a week ago. Only because the ATMax seems to be a lot better machine. I had a NOX 600 for a brief time and it was so jumpy. The Garrett was much more stable.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the custom mode! It keeps my settings and let's me modify them as I hunt,to "fine tune" the machine to my area/targets! Zero mode does the same thing,but all changes are lost when you power off the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread