AT MAX questions

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my AT Pro a little over a year ago to purchase the MAX. I was ready to pull the trigger and backed out because of reading post like these
"at max acting all crazy"

So I gave up on medal detecting and here I am ready to get back into it. Has this problem kind of gone away or is it still a common issue? I'm not trying to bash the MAX by any means. I guess I'm just trying to see how this machine is behaving for people?

So whats every ones experiences with the MAX now that's its been out for a while now???

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sold my AT Pro a little over a year ago to purchase the MAX. I was ready to pull the trigger and backed out because of reading post like these
"at max acting all crazy"

So I gave up on medal detecting and here I am ready to get back into it. Has this problem kind of gone away or is it still a common issue? I'm not trying to bash the MAX by any means. I guess I'm just trying to see how this machine is behaving for people?

So whats every ones experiences with the MAX now that's its been out for a while now???

I've used an AT Pro for just over a year and decided to buy an AT Max. I've only had a chance to use the Max for about 12-15 hours and haven't had any problems with it. One thing I've done is set the threshold to a minus three to eliminate chatter. One thing though....the Max uses batteries like crazy. My Pro gets 22-24 hours on a set of four AA's, the Max gets only 7-8 hours so I've invested in two sets of rechargeables.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread