Noise in the saltwater beach

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector?

Not real clear, are you saying the closer you get to the water the more noise you get? Sounds like your trying to hunt the salt water with single frequency defector that cant handle the salt minerals..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that model you have to ground balance when in dry sand, then ground balance again when in wet sand, then ground balance again when you enter the water keeping the coil under water as you ground balance. The AT Max and AT Pro are also noisy in salt environment, still a single freq detector using salt filters.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say, but AT Max or Pro isn't a very efficient saltwater machine. You don't say where you are, but some guys on the Pacific side say they do OK with ATs in the salt but I have heard of few east coast guys who do well in the salt with those single frequency VLFs. To hunt efficiently in the salt one pretty much needs PI detector or one of the Minelab FBS or MultiIQ machines. PIs of course have little to no discrimination ability.

OP
OP
S

stefs

Nov 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Mediterranean in Europe.
Is there any way i can use this detector on saltwater?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Mediterranean in Europe.
Is there any way i can use this detector on saltwater?

Turn your Sensitivity all the way to Zero, then slowly increase it until it starts to chatter, then back down just where the chatter slows or stops. Listen for full tone repeatable targets. Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread