Anyone use a Nel Hunter coil with their AT Pro?

Indiana Bones

Greenie
Apr 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if this question has been beaten to death
I was curious about any improvements in depth by buying the Nel hunter coil and using it instead of the standard8.5x11" coil that came with my AT Pro.
The advertising claims a 5% to 30% increase in depth (of course, depending on the typical factors...type of detector, soil., type of hunting etc...)
I mainly hunt for coins, jewelry, tokens..some creek hunting...and a few fresh water beaches in the mid west.
There is not much interest in relic hunting here.
I just wanted to know if many folks had much luck by adding this coil to the ATP..?
I am going to buy the little 5x8dd coil in the future but I was just wanting to add a little extra depth to the machine.
Been using it for about a year and a half now and have has great results! Even found a few silver coins ,indians, and an 1867 two cent piece...so i'm happy with it.
Also i've really noticed it's awesome ability to separate targets and get in between the trash
trash.
Thanks ahead of time
HH
Indiana Bones.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope you get some answers because I’m wondering that also.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the hunter coil for my ATP and loved it. I noticed some increase in depth but the big difference was how much better it seemed to separate compared to the stock coil. Better separation in itself will increase your depth if that makes sense. You need to run the sensitivity a notch or two lower to keep the coil quiet. I was very pleased with mine.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
There will Not be much gain on depth with the NEL Hunter compared with the standard Garrett 8.5x11" DD coil.
ivanll

OP
OP
Indiana Bones

Indiana Bones

Greenie
Apr 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, thanks for the comments...... With the Nel Hunter only being an inch and a half in length..larger than the std. Coil, i didn't figure
There would be a big difference depth wise......but seperating targets better does make sense..just by the looks.(and a total guess here) the hunter looks a bit more elongated dd so maybe a better seperator......i may go for the Storm made by Nel for the deeper hunting areas,
Use the hunter for an every day coil and pick up that lil 5x8dd for the SuPer TrAsHeD out spots
Just cover all the bases! Lol.
Thanks again for your thoughts
HH
Indiana Bones..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions