What A Great Week It's Been!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
a4.jpg

Took out the AT Pro for a coin hunt. Personally, I believe it's one of the best machines for finding coins. I put on my 6.5" x 9" concentric coil, and off I went. I also did a mod on my elbow cuff. In the winter, I wear a thick winter jacket, which is so thick that it doesn't allow much velcro to be left, so it often times pops off. I removed the factory cuff and replaced it with an abs pipe joint. Now it's a one size fits all!

a1.jpg

Here are the finds from today. I really like using the wireless Pinpointer. It's so easy to find the target, then just pop it out with a screwdriver. No digging necessary.

a2.jpg

I did get a wizard token and an old lock. I have found silver in the past at this site, but not today.

CRUSH GOLD.jpg

A few days ago, it was so hot, that I opted to go down to a shady spot down by the river in Edmonton, and do some high-banking along some of the gravel bars, searching for gold. And as always.....I always get at least a little flour gold. What a surprise it was to find a quarter in my sluice. I was hopping for silver, but it wasn't. I also dug up an old glass pop bottle, dating from the 50's-60's.

a3.jpg

And, digging up gravel bars also brings up other treasures. Got some petrified wood, some fossilized stone. A few weeks ago, I dug up some petrified dino bone.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread