Bluetooth Ear Buds for AT Pro

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I share this hack for the AT Pro. My wife uses a AT Pro and has always complained about being tethered to the detector, I purchased a pair of wireless ear phones but she just does not like using the headphones in the Alabama heat even though they were small and she did not like using the external speaker especially in parks. I purchased the Bluetooth transmitter from Amazon, purchased an inexpensive set of wireless ear buds at Wal Mart the entire set up cost me about $45.00 (I already had the Garrett connector to convert to an audio plug). Tested the set up and they work find does not seem to have any delay when swing the coil over a target, plus the sound for coins both clad and sliver are as good as with regular head phones. Used a small piece of Velcro attached with double side tape to the underside of the arm cuff to hold the Bluethooth transmitter out of the way.

IMG_1604.JPG IMG_1605.JPG

Last edited:

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I attached the receiver to the hat strap and wound up the wires to the ear buds with it.
I put on the hat and have about 12" of wire to put the ear bud (I only use one ) into my ear
no wires flopping anywhere// Perry
PS Don't forget to turn it on before putting on the hat //

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have upgraded the ear buds to a better set of buds since I posted this set up. I have upgraded to Treblab XR100 Bluethooth sport, wife says they are much more comfortable plus they stay in better because of the hook around the ear and the sound quality is much better. I purchased at Walmart bit more $$ than the ones I started with, well not really that much more about $30.00 they come with nice carry case and they have a longer charge life about 12 hours if not mistaken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread