Looks Like I Just Paid For The AT Pro With This Gold Honker!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
sept 22c.jpg

It's been a crazy week. Hot, cold, freezing, rain and snow. One day off in a 10 day stretch didn't help either. However, a little after work perseverance, some research and some luck got me some great finds!

sept  22d.jpg

I knew that this area in Edmonton was old, and sure enough, out came these wonderful coins!

sept22e.jpg

Included with these finds was this old ladies compact. It seems to have a bit of a British influence, as there is a crown in that logo stamp. There was a mirror in the top piece, but after carefully opening it up, all the broken pieces of glass fell out.

sept22f.jpg

And.....here's the find of the week! A large honker, 18K 14+ grams dug fresh out of the dirt. I just couldn't belie it's size and weight. At first I thought that it was maybe brass, but then saw an "18K" stamp on the inside. Woo-hoo!

septg.jpg

Friday was my only day off, and it was just a snow blizzard. Still suffering from "honker gold" adrenaline, I went down to the river anyway, and shoveled gravel into my highbanker for nearly 4 hours. Here is the flour gold I got from that day.

sept 22b.jpg

And......I usually dig other interesting items while shoveling gravel into my highbanker. Here's a few pieces of more petrified wood and a piece of petrified dinosaur bone I dug. A few guys have gotten a dino too out of this river......I am still searching.

ns1.jpg

Last edited:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring find. Some nice saves as well. Congrats

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You've done very well. Congrat's to you on the ring....a real Bewt! And also the coins, spoon, compact, and all the other finds too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread