Greenie
Dec 13, 2018
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All!

I recently purchased an AT PRO to replace an ACE250 as my primary detector.

I have been out with the AT PRO twice and I must say that I'm blown away by the difference. There is a slight learning curve, but I was able to find 13 coins in a yard that I totally POUNDED with my ACE250 over the past several years. (My brother also hunted the same yard dozens of times with his ACE250.)

I know there are better machines out there, but I am totally content with the AT PRO for the time being. Lots to learn!

A couple of things that I noticed today:

Depth.
It is significantly deeper than the ACE250. I almost gave up on targets a few times because I am not used to digging very deep!

Target Separation

The ACE250 will seldom recognize good targets among trash. The AT PRO is much better at target separation. Besides depth, this is one of the reasons I was able to find 13 coins in a pounded yard.

What are some things that you guys noticed when you stepped up to an AT PRO from a cheaper detector?

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have the Pro, but I'm glad you're finding more with your new machine.

Kace

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I noticed the same as you after the 250. The ground just came alive when I started using the Pro. Great machine.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
The so called better machines are really not much better if at all, that's being honest. The AT pro will perform as well as any. I have compared it with Deus, Fisher F70 F75 White's MXT V3i Mine lab Etrac and an Equinox and it will surprise you just how well it compares and in some cases surpasses them. learn the machine, listen to it, understand the pro functions and learn to use them. There is no best detector, just different ones for different applications.
Good luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you are liking your new Pro..It is a fine machine, and definitely has the ACE beat on depth...For simplicity tho the Ace is hard to beat...I leave a Sniper coil on my Ace, and still take it with me everywhere the AT goes...Im on the fence about upgrading to the "Latest, and Greatest" Detector everyone is raving about, but I find it hard to justify the expense when the AT is such a fine machine..All I can say is learn to use it in Pro mode...I need to practice that myself...

zombie

Aug 30, 2016
Guelph, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Bounty Hunter DISCOVERY 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got mine and haven't even had a chance to try it out yet, looking forward to checking the front yard for an earring my daughter lost a few years ago that I wasn't able to find with my much cheaper and basic detector.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The AT Pro is a very good machine, it does have limitations, but every machine out there also has limitations. Learn the machine and have fun in the hobby! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Z

zachweiss

Greenie
Dec 13, 2018
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't resist....

wonka2.jpg

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went from an ACE250 to an AT MAX Im very happy with it so far as well.
Its all about learning your machine.
The more you use it the better it gets..
Enjoy Hunting.

Slowtaknow

Oct 27, 2015
Kannapolis nc
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, Tesoro vaquero, Nokta Simplex, Garrett Csi 250, whites gold master 2.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What opie means is once you step up to a certain level beyond beginner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions