If It's Too Cold Out, Throw A Heater On It!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Finally, it got up to minus 14 Celsius / 6.8 F. after nearly 3 brutal weeks of temps bottoming out in the -40's....Brrrrrr!

I know I can work in the cold, but can my detector? Well, just get one of those hand warmers, tape it on your machine (whatever make you use), cover it with some paper towel for insulation, and it will keep your batteries working most of the day. If you don't, expect battery failure after a couple of hours....DEAD! If you have knobs on your detector, the shrinkage from the cold might prevent them from turning. Push button OPERATING DETECTORS work the best. I have been doing this for over 20 years.....never broke a detector. It always worked fine. Some of the earlier models had the display fade out, but the audio remained.

I hit 4 different :sledding: hills today.....out for about 4 hours. Got some coin, an earring and a set of keys, with a drivers license near by. I called the guy.....he was so happy to get his keys back. He was only 17 years old, and it was mom & pops car. They were not happy that he lost them......

I purposely picked up enough shifts AT WORK to keep me busy during this cold snap, to prevent cabin fever. Finally, today, we are on a warming trend. So, why do I do this? Because, if it warms up, the snow will melt from the top down, all those coins and jewelry will become exposed and discovered by someone else...not good. :BangHead:

After I got home, I hid under the covers for an hour to warm up, then had this tremendous appetite. I got my usual emergency ration of jerky, chowed it down , and the beer tasted just fine.

[SIZE=+2]HUNTING IN THE COLD IS LIKE DOWNING A SHOT OF GOOD BOURBON. IT BURNS A BIT AT FIRST, THEN FEELS SOOOOO GOOD![/SIZE]

BELOW IS A RECIPE FOR SOME DANG GOOD JERKY! cheers!:thumbsup:

ccold 3.jpg

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Ha Ha! It got up t0 -4 C / 25 F today. I am sweating.......:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread