Small coil for the AT Pro.

watersteps

Mar 3, 2019
Potter County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7, Mine Lab, Bounty Hunter, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am getting ready to order a new AT Pro this week or next and I was wondering is there one small coil better then another? The coil would be used to get in tight spots and real junk areas around old homesteads. I plan on getting the big double D that comes with the AT Pro, the small one is just an extra.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and I use the 5x8 more than the other.

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the 5x8 - right between the stock and hockey puck!

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have both. Once I put the 5x8 coil on, I have never taken it off. I think it balances nicely, and I haven't seen much of a loss of depth in the areas that I hunt. It's far better in the trashy areas as well.

OP
OP
watersteps

watersteps

Mar 3, 2019
Potter County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys , I will start looking for a 5x8.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that 5X8 coil I can swing that thing all day:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
watersteps

watersteps

Mar 3, 2019
Potter County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Thanks Anyway, I ordered my new one on the 13th with a small coil.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered an AT Pro yesterday after winning $500 on a scratcher. It comes with the 5×8 coil and I'm happy to see good reports on them here.

20190320_072542.jpg

OP
OP
watersteps

watersteps

Mar 3, 2019
Potter County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my new AT Pro showed up a few days ago and it looks great. Now I have to wait for a few days until I can take it outside and try her out. Why wait? A day before the AT Pro showed up I fell off of a 6 foot ladder in my work shop, no broken bones, nothing but black and blue marks and a lot of pain. Now this all happened 6 weeks after I had a total knee replacement. My old buddy says "if your going to be dumb you gotta be tough" that's enough about me, I gotta get swinging and digging.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my new AT Pro showed up a few days ago and it looks great. Now I have to wait for a few days until I can take it outside and try her out. Why wait? A day before the AT Pro showed up I fell off of a 6 foot ladder in my work shop, no broken bones, nothing but black and blue marks and a lot of pain. Now this all happened 6 weeks after I had a total knee replacement. My old buddy says "if your going to be dumb you gotta be tough" that's enough about me, I gotta get swinging and digging.

Hours after I ordered my AT Pro, (yesterday) I pulled out my sock drawer a bit too far and it fell onto the top of my right bare foot. Hopefully will recover my Saturdays delivery date. No broken bones but OUCH!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you didn't break anything...enjoy the machine! :occasion14:

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro arrived very late due to a SNAFU with the post office. The dealer had to express mail a second one which arrived in a day and a half. He was nice enough to throw in a Garrett Edge Digger for my trouble. My second hole with the detector was an 1866 Shield nickel that I had missed in a previous hole I'd dug weeks ago in an iron-infested area.
I think I'm gonna like this AT Pro and the smaller coil.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro arrived very late due to a SNAFU with the post office. The dealer had to express mail a second one which arrived in a day and a half. He was nice enough to throw in a Garrett Edge Digger for my trouble. My second hole with the detector was an 1866 Shield nickel that I had missed in a previous hole I'd dug weeks ago in an iron-infested area.
I think I'm gonna like this AT Pro and the smaller coil.

What dealer did you use? It sounds like he cares about his customers. That's the kind we need to support.

Congratulations on your shield!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What dealer did you use? It sounds like he cares about his customers. That's the kind we need to support.

Congratulations on your shield!

eBay seller detectorwarehouse located in the great state of Texas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread