It Was Like Digging During The "Apocalypse" This Week In Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
june.jpg

We have a number of fires burning North of Edmonton, and with a typical northwest flow, we got terrible smoke. Really spooky too. Very poor visibility, no cloud, yet it looked like the sun has set all week, pink/brown color everywhere and a dull orange looking sun. Anyhow, I did manage to do 3 short hunts this week. I got lots of coins to put towards my annual gold coin purchase and a cheap ring. I eyeballed an open package of cigarettes, with 4 left. It costs about $10.00 a package of 20, so that was about $4.00 left behind. I don't smoke, so I just threw them in a garbage.

june3.jpg

I did get out for a 4 hour dig in the North Saskatchewan River which flows through Edmonton. I hit a nice rich patch. But the smoke.....Yikes!

june1.jpg

Here's some of the gifts the river gave up. My favorites are the bits of petrified bones which occasionally show up in my shovel.

june2.jpg

And, my gold! Ain't it sweet! :laughing7:

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Yeesh! That’s thick. The family and I dodged the smoke last year by a couple of days when we drove through. Looks even worse in your pictures this year and unfortunately with the pine beetle going through the area, it’s likely going to get worse.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice pan of gold! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions