Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I'd want to take a gold specific machine. If it were me I'd take my AT gold and my ATX. Oh, and prob the EQ800 once learned.

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd want to take a gold specific machine. If it were me I'd take my AT gold and my ATX. Oh, and prob the EQ800 once learned.

Yea, I wish I owned any of those machines...but I don't.

Do you think the ATP just won't cut it or would be a waste of time? Im taking a machine to do beach/park hunting, but wanted to know if I would just be wasting my time out in the gold mines. Because if its not going to be of any good. I would rather have my CTX for the beaches.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, even a Bounty Hunter will find a half inch nugget five inches down. Most gold though is smaller and your CTX will likely find it deeper than any AT series machine.

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
Diggin-n-Dumps, I'm a bit late responding to the question but hope this helps. Any detector will find gold nuggets if they are large enough but most nuggets are small so you realistically need a gold detector. I have the best results with a small coil. One thing that a gold detector needs is the ability to hunt with a threshold hum. It allows you to hear those small targets. Another thing is that nuggets are rare and tough to find unless you are in the right spot. I spent at least 40 hours detecting with a gold machine before I found my first nugget. So, it takes patience, luck and the right location. Most people give up before they find that first one.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If looking for gold take the machine that you have the most knowledge about and confidence in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread