My Buddy Figures He Doubled His Coin Finds Switching To A Concentric Coil

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
b.jpg

My buddy and I did a hunt last week. He used a 9" x 12" concentric coil coil for the first time and was very impressed on how well it worked, especially when using the inner front center part of the coil to establish pinpointing and depth. Holding the pinpoint button, you center the coil on a target and slowly pull back. When the audio suddenly stops, that is where the target is....under the inner front coil. And, the more abrupt cut-off is, the shallower the target, so you don'y even need your pin-pointer at times, just use a screwdriver to pop out the coins. Saves a lot of time! And more time equals more coins. The coins shown are from 3 hunts.

Below is a short video on getting more coins, coin-popping using a screwdriver.

a.jpg
Here's a couple of the better finds. That 2 Pound UK coin has "STANDING ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS" stamped around the edge.

111111.jpg

And.........the river, although still 3 feet higher, allowed me to find some gravel spots and get some gold.

Boog

Apr 30, 2007
E. Central Indiana
Hey John, nice post, this is the old Bugar, from years back, had to change my name to get all registered, am now boog, yeah got a new post, with my old scorpion, still using it just like years back it works fine, as always, good to be back on the net, later buddy

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Hey John, nice post, this is the old Bugar, from years back, had to change my name to get all registered, am now boog, yeah got a new post, with my old scorpion, still using it just like years back it works fine, as always, good to be back on the net, later buddy

Good to hear from you buddy! It's been a few years at least, since we last posted together. Glad you are still using the the Scorp. It was one of the best detectors ever, for finding gold rings on land.

andyb382005

May 31, 2017
Western New York
Detector(s) used
AT Max , AT Pro , ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, I read your post about your friend switching to a 9 x 12 concentric coil for the first time and figured I'd give mine a try with my AT Pro. I went to a site where I've found a lot of coins and sure enough 3 coins in the first 15 minutes using it. I've hunted this site quite a few times. Thanks for the tip.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread