For those thinking about an Atpro and beach hunting - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: For those thinking about an Atpro and beach hunting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Only boaring people get board

Nov 2018
    The Thumb
    3139 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
    I took my AT-Pro to the salt water beach today and yesterday and the day before. I was totally surprised that it was perfect for the beach. Zero pro, no dis and -2 sens and it preformed flawlessly. If I got an iffy hit I changed to std coin mode and listened. If it burped I passed and if it gave a good signal I dug. A few hits the coin didn't even pick up so I just had to make a decision on the Pro -zero mode. Didn't find anything worth printing but the unit was great.
    I've read a few posts where they said it wouldn't work on the beach but they didn't know how to work it.
    Didnt find anything worth printing but the unit was great....Soooo in your situation any metal detector could be considered great Sounds like might have done just as good with a broom...LMAO
    Last edited by Toecutter; Aug 30, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    I'll sleep when I'm dead

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    5190 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I used both my AT Pro and Max down in Nags Head last week, both performed pretty well in dry and wet sand, surf was to rough for me to take them out in the water. I tried the Pro last year in the water and it didn't perform very well. But since I only hunt the beach maybe two times a year max I just don't see myself buying another machine.

us
    Sep 2012
    Beaumont, TX
    Garrett AT Pro Minelab Equinox 800 Fisher CZ-21 White Classic 3 SL
    202 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BLK HOLE View Post
    I used both my AT Pro and Max down in Nags Head last week, both performed pretty well in dry and wet sand, surf was to rough for me to take them out in the water. I tried the Pro last year in the water and it didn't perform very well. But since I only hunt the beach maybe two times a year max I just don't see myself buying another machine.
    That's a fair thought. It really doesn't make sense to buy something that you don't need.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    26041 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I never had any issues in the salt water with my old Pro. I just turned down the sensitivity a little. I haven't had the machine in quite a while now.
    smallfoot likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Cumberland, VA
    White's coinmaster pro Garrett at pro Equinox 600
    159 times
    Anywhere I can find coins
    I have had mine about 5 years and felt like I knew it pretty good and I could never feel comfortable on the beach with it. It chattered badly unless i tuned it down and then I would get no depth. I buried things in the wet sand at 2 or 3 inches and barely got a peep if I got anything at all. On the dry sand it was awesome.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    1623 times
    I don't beach hunt much at all...funny, beaches on three sides, but I heard that lowering the sensitivity was the answer to the salt water problem. I think the water proofing is good on at pro. I've had mine underwater in fresh water and never had a problem. I take it apart once in a while to clean and reseal the o-rings with light mineral oil to keep the rubber soft. If you have screws leaking can't you maybe wax over to seal?
    Last edited by smallfoot; Aug 30, 2019 at 03:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links