Broke My 100th Dollar Coin This Week, Got Choke Cherries And Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
AUG189.jpg

Got out for a couple of hunts this week after work. It's cooling off up here, and some parts north of here even got some snow. Anyhow, I got 4 loonies this week, which brings my total one dollar coins up to 104. I still have lots of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and 2 dollar coins to add into the mix. It's shaping up to be a nice clad year. I am going to purchase another gold coin in November when the coin show comes to Edmonton.

aug1910.jpg

Near some of my hunting spots, the choke cherries are ripe. The native population used to crush them, dry them in the sun, mix them with buffalo fat and make a batch called pemmican, a very important food in order to survive winter.

aug183.jpg

A few years back my wife and I made some choke cherry jelly.....this year we opted to make some choke cherry leather. I mixed in some blue berries, raspberries, strawberries and apple sauce to help sweeten the batch and make more fruit leather. It should be done in another hour as I type this.

aug18.jpg

And, finally, the North Saskatchewan River is slowing down, allowing me to get on some previously flooded gravel bars.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Wish we carried dollar coins here too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread